Sponsored

Premium stereo tweaks for better / louder sound quality?

zzneonzz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
I just picked up my limited last night and i can barely hear the stereo even at max volume. That being said i only tried apple carplay with apple music since that is usually what i listen to. Anyone else experience this issue or found anything to tweak to get better sound quality out of it? To me it sounds like almost all the audio is coming from the center dash speaker.
Sponsored

JSKRLA

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Taco Sport
I just picked up my limited last night and i can barely hear the stereo even at max volume. That being said i only tried apple carplay with apple music since that is usually what i listen to. Anyone else experience this issue or found anything to tweak to get better sound quality out of it? To me it sounds like almost all the audio is coming from the center dash speaker.
Just a quick troubleshoot, what is the volume on your phone when this happened? Was it also, MAX?

OP
OP

zzneonzz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
To be honest Iā€™m not sure i never needed to adjust it on my other apple carplay stereos I will be sure to check that next time Iā€™m out there

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
WOW! I usually listen at 10-12 and max is 20-25. I usually listen to Sirius XM and my own music.

OP
OP

zzneonzz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
WOW! I usually listen at 10-12 and max is 20-25. I usually listen to Sirius XM and my own music.
I havenā€™t used Sirius in almost 10 years but since itā€™s included i will have to test it out and see if it gives better sound. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if itā€™s something i have setup wrong.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Yea, so like JSKRLA said check your phone volume. Make sure the phone volume is turned up. Next, Go to Settings->Music. Turn off Sound Check. Try that and report back, please. Iā€™m picking up a OR Premium on Saturday and Iā€™m going to be disgruntled if my premium audio sucks.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255287772?sortBy=best

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
To those using Spotify. Go to playback settings in your setting and change it to LOUD. Makes the world of difference. Made no sense to me at first because the radio would be louder than my Spotify. Huge difference

OP
OP

zzneonzz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
Yea, so like JSKRLA said check your phone volume. Make sure the phone volume is turned up. Next, Go to Settings->Music. Turn off Sound Check. Try that and report back, please. Iā€™m picking up a OR Premium on Saturday and Iā€™m going to be disgruntled if my premium audio sucks.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255287772?sortBy=best
i checked the phone volume and you canā€™t adjust it when in car play but turning off sound check did help a little but still seems lacking. OTA radio and Sirius are much better around 35 seems to offer decent sound.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Thatā€™s incredibly depressing. Iā€™ll be paying more to swap the speakers out then

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
There has to be an issue with your stereo. 15 is very loud in our Taco using Android Auto and YouTube Music.

The Dude

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma, ā€˜99 4Runner
Thatā€™s incredibly depressing. Iā€™ll be paying more to swap the speakers out then
Swapping speakers wonā€™t do anything, may even make things worse. Speakers just do what theyā€™re told by the amp, nothing more. There has to be a setting somewhere that is turning the gain down.

i think what you need to do is delete the truck from your phoneand phone from your truck. Restart the phone and re-pair.

Last edited:

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Swapping speakers wonā€™t do anything, may even make things worse. Speakers just do what theyā€™re told by the amp, nothing more. There has to be a setting somewhere that is turning the gain down.

i think what you need to do is delete the truck from your phoneand phone from your truck. Restart the phone and re-pair.
Yea. Iā€™ve got my truck now and with the treble, mid, and bass turned ALL the way up, and the volume past 35, it sounds okay, but itā€™s about 50 percent of what I was hoping for. The Harman Kardon upgraded audio in the Subaru forester that I traded in puts the Tacoma to shame. My Tacoma sounds as if the majority of the sound is coming out of the little removable speaker in the dash. I guess Iā€™m going to eventually try and get a small amp installed that I can conceal some where without losing my underseat storage, and probably swap out the 8ā€ sub for something like a Rockford Fosgate, or JL Audio, but itā€™ll really just depend if the magnet on the better subs is too large to fit in the conformal box behind the seat.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
There has to be an issue with your stereo. 15 is very loud in our Taco using Android Auto and YouTube Music.
Mine is lacking as well, even have to turn it up past 35-40 to sound halfway decent. Even at that level the bass is sad.
Sponsored