Sponsored

Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
I know exactly what you mean, we have a 2015 LX570 with Mark Levinson. The JBL system, is not even close to ML sound, but it was decent enough not to replace in the Tundra. Much improved over previous years JBL sound, IMO.
Sponsored

G-Note

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Camry
I pulled the portable from my truck and it sounds okay, not a lot of bass for this either. It's okay for what it is. I sure hope that these don't become a theft item.
IMG_4827.jpg
Does the card key have a battery?

If so does each side separate, so you can see all the electronics in it?

Any photos would be appreciated. Looking to covert one to a waterproof band similar to Rivians.

Thank you

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
I know exactly what you mean, we have a 2015 LX570 with Mark Levinson. The JBL system, is not even close to ML sound, but it was decent enough not to replace in the Tundra. Much improved over previous years JBL sound, IMO.
Lexus is proud of thier ML sound system and I don’t beleive all of them come with it, it truly is an upgrade. The Bose systems in my two corvettes have been great, then again that is one of the top names in Audio.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would agree and that's one of the first things I am going to do when i oick my truck up. I had a 2018 Camry XSE with the JBL premium sound and it did not sound very good, then I turned off the surround and it was awesome sounding.
There’s no surround sound setting that I have see so far. These are the settings. I did turn off the one that adjusts to your speed. It’s sounding a little better today and I guess it will be adequate. I really expect a little more for the price point of that option and the truck it’s self.
2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4847
2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4845
2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4846
2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4847
2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4845
2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4846

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
On the Tundra, surround sound is located at the bottom of the Levels screen, below System Voice and Driving assist volumes.
Wonder if those settings are adjustable on Tacoma, or factory preset?

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the Tundra, surround sound is located at the bottom of the Levels screen, below System Voice and Driving assist volumes.
Wonder if those settings are adjustable on Tacoma, or factory preset?
I scrolled to the bottom of the screens, I hope that I am missing it somewhere. I am getting used to driving the truck feels much higher than my other daily drivers which sometimes includes a 2007 sequoia. It a much different feeling and I probably was a little rough on my critique and it will interesting to see what others think.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
I scrolled to the bottom of the screens, I hope that I am missing it somewhere. I am getting used to driving the truck feels much higher than my other daily drivers which sometimes includes a 2007 sequoia. It a much different feeling and I probably was a little rough on my critique and it will interesting to see what others think.
I think Supertech1 is onto something, in the multimedia manual I downloaded from this site shows the surround would be in the levels settings, below the system option under speakers
2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of 1707680618331

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the card key have a battery?

If so does each side separate, so you can see all the electronics in it?

Any photos would be appreciated. Looking to covert one to a waterproof band similar to Rivians.

Thank you
Attached our pictures of the card key, it's very easy to open and there is an easily replaceable battery in there along with a hard key that is keyed on one side only. You will need to press the small circular button to remove the key and pinch the end to slide of the battery cover.

2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4893

2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4894

2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4895

2024 Tacoma Premium Audio Package Quality or lack of IMG_4896

G-Note

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Camry
Attached our pictures of the card key, it's very easy to open and there is an easily replaceable battery in there along with a hard key that is keyed on one side only. You will need to press the small circular button to remove the key and pinch the end to slide of the battery cover.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Sadly that makes making a band more complicated. I watched a YouTube video with making one with a Tesla card successfully but it doesn’t have a battery.

I think I could still hide that in my wallet.

OP
OP
CATOY

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Much appreciated.

Sadly that makes making a band more complicated. I watched a YouTube video with making one with a Tesla card successfully but it doesn’t have a battery.

I think I could still hide that in my wallet.
I placed it in my wallet and could hardly tell it was there. I think I will most often use the key fob as I don't have any keys other than for my cars and just grab the fob for the one i am driving that day. I will also try to see if I can get away with just using my watch or phone, will try that in the next few days.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Hey all, I had the opportunity to drive an SR5 with the Upgrade package that had the upgraded JBL system. First, I would say that someone had removed the Flex Speaker from the truck so these thoughts reflect what I heard without that speaker present.

The system sounds fine, it is not amazing. My Bose system in the Tucson is better, the Tesla system was better and the B&O system in my 2017 Audi A4 was much better. That being said it was not terrible either. I would have expected it to be better than it is, but without the center speaker it is just ok.

As far as changing settings, there is not surround sound option in the menu anywhere I looked for that. Adjusting the 3 band slider did improve the sound some. I listed to 80s on 80s and Pop2k during my test drive. Audio may be better from a phone, but I didn't connect my phone.

Not sure if it helps. It's not a deal breaker for me as much as it once would have been, but it is a little disappointing. Hopefully, they can fix some of it with software updates after reading some comments here.

Bass is a little light for those who might want that. The mids and highs were a little muddy as well.

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
For my very first pot in this forum, I'll politely disagree. I will also qualify my opinion by revealing that I have never had a high-quality after-market system, so this opinion is based solely on factory systems. So, for a factory system, I am overjoyed with this JBL upgrade; it does everything I need. I am pleased with the bass (all I need), and the detachable speaker impressed both my wife and me.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
For my very first pot in this forum, I'll politely disagree. I will also qualify my opinion by revealing that I have never had a high-quality after-market system, so this opinion is based solely on factory systems. So, for a factory system, I am overjoyed with this JBL upgrade; it does everything I need. I am pleased with the bass (all I need), and the detachable speaker impressed both my wife and me.
I'm glad you love it, I think it'll be fine for me as well, but everything about a new vehicle is subjective as it all depends on your prior experience right? Some will be impressed, others will not, but there is no way everyone will be impressed. But me, I'll be happy with it!

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not sure what ppl expected from a jbl Bluetooth speaker. It performs the same as any jbl bluetooth speaker.

Also, you aren’t supposed to notice it when it’s docked… as the center channel. Why would you ever want a single channel that much louder to the point you can notice?

komek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 Competition
Watching this thread intently. Definitely hoping the premium sound is somewhat premium. My M2C has this Harman Kardon system in it and it’s absolutely incredible. I’m hoping to maintain my work commute sound system experience when I trade in for a taco sometime this year.
Sponsored