Sponsored

Search results

  1. TRD Exhaust- can you spare the paint Toyota

    They can’t put a thick enough layer of paint on the truck, and you want them to paint the exhaust? :crackup::cwl:
  2. Limited Slip Differential for 4x4 Tacoma? Why Isn't This A Thing?

    On this gen., the LSD is a brake-actuated mechanism, where, if the speed sensors detect slipping, they apply the brakes like ABS on the offending wheel. This prevents the wheel spin a mechanical LSD would also stop. The brake version is likely what you have.
  3. '26 / 4th Gen Under Mirror Puddle Lights - Routing through door boot?

    Like @Ruckus said "It sucks!" The molex plug is there to make door removal easier for the body shop or whomever if it's necessary. But to get any wires through on your own, ugh. I haven't closely examined the plug on these trucks, but its the usual clip-lock on the door side, and there's a...
  4. Apple Music Streaming Vs Apple CarPlay - WOW!

    Sorry, I didn’t explain myself properly. You’re right, CarPlay initializes with the truck through Bluetooth, then switches to wifi because of the data heavy nature of the signal. What I meant was the standard CarPlay signal is basically “phone —> stereo” instead of using the cell signal of...
  5. Apple Music Streaming Vs Apple CarPlay - WOW!

    Sounds like a “source level” issue between the two. CarPlay is wireless using the 5G in your phone, and the streaming through the HU should be 4g. It sounds like Toyota, not that they’ve ever done something like this before, screwed up the levels. As for perceived quality, I can’t speak to...
  6. New TacoTunes behind seat Sub/Amp combo

    Good points on contacting TT direct. My ADHD when it comes to car audio kicked in when I saw your pics. I appreciate your responses, off to the TT website. :thumbsup:
  7. New TacoTunes behind seat Sub/Amp combo

    @Drifte One of the many directions I'm being pulled right now when it comes to overhauling the JBL setup. What sub/box to use? Couple of questions for you (for now), 1) any idea of box volume? Useful for those planning on replacing the sub. 2) the port (cover?) on the side, is that your 3d...
  8. Sound Deadening and the most beneficial spots to target

    Thanks so much for the quick reply.
  9. Sound Deadening and the most beneficial spots to target

    @Drifte Just looking at the TacoTunes site, kind of getting a rough idea about cost for my upgrade. Anyways, in the site it stated you need to apply spacers to the seat to get the TT box to fit. Is that true? If so, how big a spacer? And finally, how much rear seat space do you lose? Thanks.
  10. CarPlay connects, mic lacks volume.

    Have you tried, when pushing the “talk” button immediately turning the volume up, either the steering wheel buttons or knob on the screen?
  11. Awesome Fuel Mileage (base trim model 2026 SR Extra Cab)

    Those numbers are sweet! :rockon: I don’t do a ton of highway miles, but I do some freeways here in town that are fairly free-flowing. I thought 24mpg on 91oct gas was good. Those are WOW!
  12. Fixing JBL Audio System (center dash speaker balance)

    Aaaaaand…..here’s where I exit stage left. I was having a conversation, spirited though it may have been, which, last I checked was fine, and you’ve jumped straight to an attempt to mock me. That is fine, I have a thick skin, and goofy pictures don’t bother me at all. If they made you feel...
  13. Sound Deadening and the most beneficial spots to target

    I’ve been reading, and you said “block off the factory sub’s port”, and I was like “wait……what?!?”. Then I saw the last pic, well done sir.
  14. Fixing JBL Audio System (center dash speaker balance)

    So, on some of what you said, I agree. Yes, the center speaker is summed from the front left and right. Correct. The system WASN’T designed solely to be a 5-channel setup, and ONLY functions well as that. What are you proposing with this? Toyota spent $5k+ for each truck with JBL to have a...
  15. Fixing JBL Audio System (center dash speaker balance)

    •edit• I have no idea why I can’t quote when using my phone. Fair enough, you have your opinion, I have mine. I am a little confused though, on a couple things. When you were demoing the sound with and without the tinny, I mean tiny, center speaker, why would you put your head in the middle...
  16. Fixing JBL Audio System (center dash speaker balance)

    One man’s mistake is anothers’ “Eureka!” moment. If you think the sound in the truck is good, then more power to you, don’t let me change your mind. I will, however, explain my reasoning on things. 1) if Toyota were trying to recreate the home listening environment, they would have put a...
  17. JBL Plug and Play Integration Harness

    How does this work? It allows you to move the PAC AP4-TY14 further away from the screen? Or is it trying to compete with the AP4-TY02 harness and some speed wire?
  18. Fixing JBL Audio System (center dash speaker balance)

    Cover the left(?) 2 contacts either tape(painters/electrical etc.). It continues to charge so that you can use it if you want, but stop sound coming from it while driving.



Top