Sponsored

Premium stereo tweaks for better / louder sound quality?

Nedloh227

First Name
Holden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I haven’t used Sirius in almost 10 years but since it’s included i will have to test it out and see if it gives better sound. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something i have setup wrong.
I have noticed in mine that Sirius XM does play louder than Carplay. I usually have to adjust the volume up 10-15 when transitioning to Carplay.
Sponsored

The Dude

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma, ‘99 4Runner
Yea. I’ve got my truck now and with the treble, mid, and bass turned ALL the way up, and the volume past 35, it sounds okay, but it’s about 50 percent of what I was hoping for. The Harman Kardon upgraded audio in the Subaru forester that I traded in puts the Tacoma to shame. My Tacoma sounds as if the majority of the sound is coming out of the little removable speaker in the dash. I guess I’m going to eventually try and get a small amp installed that I can conceal some where without losing my underseat storage, and probably swap out the 8” sub for something like a Rockford Fosgate, or JL Audio, but it’ll really just depend if the magnet on the better subs is too large to fit in the conformal box behind the seat.
Have you checked if the sound coming out of the system is indeed coming from the system, not just the dash speaker? Play something and put your ear to the door speakers, see if ANYTHING is coming out. Also, as a thought, find the amp for the stereo, and check to see the plug is seated properly. I’d tell you where the amp is, but I don’t have a truck yet. With the number of loose plugs reported, what’s one more? :)

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
Have you checked if the sound coming out of the system is indeed coming from the system, not just the dash speaker? Play something and put your ear to the door speakers, see if ANYTHING is coming out. Also, as a thought, find the amp for the stereo, and check to see the plug is seated properly. I’d tell you where the amp is, but I don’t have a truck yet. With the number of loose plugs reported, what’s one more? :)
it’s coming out of the door speakers and stuff because I can feel the bass on my arm when leaving on the door, it’s just not very loud. I do wear a hearing aid, but I have no issues hearing other vehicles premium factory audio. — I figured the amp was built into the entertainment system, but I’m not sure.

The Dude

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tacoma, ‘99 4Runner
it’s coming out of the door speakers and stuff because I can feel the bass on my arm when leaving on the door, it’s just not very loud. I do wear a hearing aid, but I have no issues hearing other vehicles premium factory audio. — I figured the amp was built into the entertainment system, but I’m not sure.
If you have the JBL system, and it sounds like you do, you’ll have an external amp. I’m the 2nd and 3rd gens it was under the passenger seat. Not sure with the 4th, having power/ventilated seats. Could be near the sub in the back, even integrated on the back of the enclosure.

Mykale220

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Off-road (cement)
If you have the JBL system, and it sounds like you do, you’ll have an external amp. I’m the 2nd and 3rd gens it was under the passenger seat. Not sure with the 4th, having power/ventilated seats. Could be near the sub in the back, even integrated on the back of the enclosure.
Thanks brother, I’ll do some investigating and report back. Other than the lackluster premium audio, I’m loving the truck. It actually has some balls to it. I mean it’s not a corvette. But it doesn’t act like it’s going to explode when you are getting on it. - I have already had a tire blow out though. Sidewall blew out with 700 miles on it. They’re reimbursing me for it, but it’s still a pain to deal with.
Sponsored