Sponsored

Production start date for 2024 Tacoma? Arrives at dealers when?

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
When should we expect start of production for the 2024MY Tacoma? -- Q4 2023 or Q1 2024?
Sponsored

bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
When should we expect start of production for the 2024MY Tacoma? -- Q4 2023 or Q1 2024?
I was told that regular tacoma models wouldn't roll out until late this year at the earliest and that if I ordered a TRD Pro it would be next spring before Id see it by my local dealer. I'd be #2 on their TRD Pro list, so based on that, I think they are expecting production not to start until late this year.

Brunson

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Explorer
If it's any indication, the 3rd gen Tacoma was officially revealed in Jan 2015 and started arriving at dealerships in September 2015. Hope the 4th gen Tacoma doesn't take 9 months from now to show up at dealers. 🤞

VOOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Super Teaser - This should be part of the relased information on Friday, but that's not confirmed yet. Most likely, higher trims, TRD Pro, Trailhunter, will arrive early next year...provided we don't see any further delays.

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
Production begins in November. Unlike the previous gen, TMMTX in San Antonio is no longer a source of supply. It is now Tijuana and Apaseo El Grande, which is even further away from the US-Mex border.

Likely one of these plants will shift to MY 2024 first and you might see the earliest examples in dealers during December. Most people won't get one until early Q1 2024, not even including specialty trims like in Spring 2024.

It's already posted in much of the pinned threads, in terms of production dates by @Administrator and by me, as a guide for what to expect.

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
I waited 6 months for a new laptop and 8 months for a fridge/stove so I've learned that waiting is the new norm sadly.
Sponsored