Sponsored

Questionable Delay

Slipstream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
My dealership took my $1000 deposit on 13 December 2023 for a Tacoma Off-road Premium.

Delay, delay, delay.

From my dealership in Rock Hill, SC on 3 May 2024:

“Toyota has moved back the expected deliver date of 2024 Tacoma off road models.” The salesman then goes on to say that the trim I’m looking for has an estimated delivery date of 17 July: 7 months after I placed my substantial deposit.

Question: Has Toyota indeed moved back delivery dates for Tacoma Off road models here in the south eastern US?
Sponsored

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
My dealership took my $1000 deposit on 13 December 2023 for a Tacoma Off-road Premium.

Delay, delay, delay.

“Toyota has moved back the expectedl deliver date of 2024 Tacoma off road models.”

Question: Has Toyota indeed moved back delivery dates for Tacoma Off road models here in the south eastern US?

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento

Delay, delay, delay.

“Toyota has moved back the expected deliver date of 2024 Tacoma off road models.” The salesman then goes on to say that the trim I’m looking for has an estimated delivery date of 17 July: 7 months after I placed my substantial deposit.

Did you request one with the sway disconnect? Only reason I can think of why there would be a delay.

Thomasr1950

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tacoma
No, salesman said on the 19th of May
The original date was May 2nd. The Sales Mgr last month didn't know what the delay was. He looked at his allocation and said May 2nd. I contacted my salesman and he said now it was May 19th.

NoNo

First Name
MrNo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado Z71
I'm not even bothering checking with my dealer but I noticed my truck and many others that were listed with a build date of 6/10 had their estimate changed to "expected availability of 7/15-8/15" I expected at least a month from build date to delivery anyway, but it made me wonder if the actual build date had been pushed back some. I figure there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm trying not to pay too much attention to it, at least until it gets around my original build date. At that point I'll probably check in with my dealer for an update.

Reactions: JED

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
I'm not even bothering checking with my dealer but I noticed my truck and many others that were listed with a build date of 6/10 had their estimate changed to "expected availability of 7/15-8/15" I expected at least a month from build date to delivery anyway, but it made me wonder if the actual build date had been pushed back some. I figure there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm trying not to pay too much attention to it, at least until it gets around my original build date. At that point I'll probably check in with my dealer for an update.
I mentioned this in another thread, but I had a nice chat with a sales rep yesterday and he told me there are some parts supply delays on the trucks right now — particularly on the hybrids — and that is slowing down their initial roll out. He said that there would be limits on what configurations we see initially due to this. The example he gave me was interior color/trim variation. I suspect it may go a bit deeper than just interior seat fabric, but it all reads to me as not to be unexpected growing pains as they increase their production volume and ramp up. I hope that’s helpful!

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
I've had my deposit on my OR Premium hybrid for over a year now. This is not the news I wanted.

hoodouken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2021 Subaru Outback
Ouch - I feel that. Local inventory of all my check boxes is currently zero and we have 4 Toyota dealerships. Higher trims are hard to get and allocations are looking thin too.

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
When I finally got to the above frame of mind a week later I got a call from the dealership that my truck had arrived!🙂