Sponsored

Retrax tonneau cover for 2024 Tacoma? Best retractable tonneau cover recommendations?

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Define "out of the way". Hard rollups (Sentry CT, Revolver X4, etc) are similar but they roll up on top of the bed instead of down into it. With retractable, you lose bed space all the time.. even when it's closed. With normal hard rollup, you don't lose bed space either way but it's not quite as "clean" looking when rolled up.
I get your point about bed space. I'll have think about that. The retrax seems more secure than the hard roll up though. Or am I wrong?
Sponsored

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I’ve been looking a retrax for a while now. I’m also interested in getting the Yakima bars that fit the retrax. I’m not really aware of any similar products? Is this the way to go? I want something that easily rolls up out of the way like that, can also lock and allows you to combine the racks to throw the canoe onto etc.
I got the Kuat rack system and it will fit the Retrax XR's T channel with an adapter Kuat sells. It's a bit pricey, but they have a ton of options including a system to fully enclose the bed space.

NHTaco

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Sport Pr / prior '19 & '21 Tacoma Limited
Good news. Hopefully that's true for my Sentry CT as well.
Hey Scott. Do you happen to know if the Sentry CT will work with any rack systems? I really like the look of the CT but the BAK Revolver X4ts has that T channel so that IF I wanted to a rack down the line I could. I wasn't sure if you might know.
Thanks,
Seth

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Hey Scott. Do you happen to know if the Sentry CT will work with any rack systems? I really like the look of the CT but the BAK Revolver X4ts has that T channel so that IF I wanted to a rack down the line I could. I wasn't sure if you might know.
Thanks,
Seth
I doubt that it does support any kind of rack system since it doesn't expose any of the frame when closed. That's one of the tradeoffs of having it super low profile and discrete, I suppose.

NHTaco

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Sport Pr / prior '19 & '21 Tacoma Limited
I doubt that it does support any kind of rack system since it doesn't expose any of the frame when closed. That's one of the tradeoffs of having it super low profile and discrete, I suppose.
I suspect you are correct. Thanks. Let us know when you get word of yours.

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
The 2024 Retrax Pro XR came in early from RealTruck! It fits great and looks even better. I personally think the install instructions on the YouTube vids were better than the included instructions but relatively easy to install in about an hour for me. Love it so far. Will post some more pics when it stops raining here.
2024 Tacoma Retrax tonneau cover for 2024 Tacoma? Best retractable tonneau cover recommendations? IMG_3846

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
The 2024 Retrax Pro XR came in early from RealTruck! It fits great and looks even better. I personally think the install instructions on the YouTube vids were better than the included instructions but relatively easy to install in about an hour for me. Love it so far. Will post some more pics when it stops raining here.
IMG_3846.jpeg
Very nice! That’s the cover I want to get for my truck. I was wondering about drain holes? Looks like the cover needs to be drained at the front of the bed. Were their holes there or did you have to make some?

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Very nice! That’s the cover I want to get for my truck. I was wondering about drain holes? Looks like the cover needs to be drained at the front of the bed. Were their holes there or did you have to make some?
There are small holes in the bed, but the tubes are too big to fit in. I'm considering drilling them out just a bit since they are already there. Right now I just have the tubes routed through the tie downs and draining right over the holes. More to come once I get some more work in on it.

Tom Sellick

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
There are small holes in the bed, but the tubes are too big to fit in. I'm considering drilling them out just a bit since they are already there. Right now I just have the tubes routed through the tie downs and draining right over the holes. More to come once I get some more work in on it.
Ok thanks….was wondering. Can you step the tubes down by joining a smaller tube that fits the hole in the bed?

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
The thought of drilling holes in a brand new truck is scary at first but then when you remember it's the composite bed, not metal so no issue with having to seal the bare edges for rust protection, etc. it kind of becomes far less scary.

bsquaredMTB

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
IMG_3846.jpeg
Looks great! Thinking of going this route too. Do you have a pic of it rolled up? I'm curious how much space it takes up once it's retracted.
Sponsored