Road trip

Braucht

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini cooper
I just made a 1500 mile round trip from Phoenix to Lake Tahoe Nevada In my 2024 TacOma Sport premium. I drove through the edge of Death Valleywhich was below sea level to Lake Tahoe which is 7000 above sea level.. the Tacoma performed flawlessly.

The last time I did this trip was in my Mini Cooper so I did notice a pretty substantial increase in gas purchases. I was impressed with the lack of road and wind noise in the Tacoma. I really like the adaptive cruise and steering features. The only thing that was hard for me ( I’m 82 years old and started out when an AM radio was an option ) was the information screen. Between car play, I heart radio, Sirius radio, and Amazon music I didn’t know what I was listening to. It was a good thing I had the adaptive steering on that long lonely desert road because I was playing with radio a lot.

One thing that was sort of spooky was I had got a too-go box at a cafe and sat it on the back seat so my Schnauzer wing dog wouldn’t get it. I forgot it was there and when I got in the motel that evening I got an alert on my phone to check the back seat loving my Tacoma.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Braucht

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini cooper
i forgot to say my tacoms Is Solar Octane. I have gotten so many compliments on the color.. it came with the electric tailgate which I thought was sort of dumb but when I show the truck to friends and family, what do you think is the first thing I have to show them

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve learned that anytime you open a back door before a ride, after the trip the taco will alert you to check the back seat on the display and the app.