beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Just got back from on of our local dealerships and they are no longer taking any reservations for Trailhuner or TRD Pros. The salesman said people at the bottom for those models probably won’t be getting one at all.

So perhaps @ToyotaSalesman31707 is correct y’all. I put down a $1000 deposit on an off-road since we couldn’t get on the list for the trailhunter. We drove a 23 just to see if we wanted to save any $, but even my wife, who just thinks a car is a car said this is really old looking for something brand new

I think everyone is agitated with the lack of information at this point, but we don’t need to be so upset with each other here. Either people will be proven right or wrong. I have to hand it to Toyota for keeping everything under wraps so far, but it’s unfortunate it’s led to people becoming upset with one another. While we might love a great leak from a dealership, I wouldn’t risk the potential consequences that might come from violating any non disclosure agreements. So I understand why there haven’t been any leaks. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day!

Only a few more days of waiting for the information and months before we can make a purchase!
Sponsored

jcwls3

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S
… Anything above MSRP and I’ll keep looking/waiting. I’m in no real hurry and my cash can continue to generate interest/dividends in the meantime.
Ding ding ding! This is the right way to approach today’s unconscionable car market and dealer gouging.

I could not agree more with what you wrote. Well said. If people would follow your advice, this prospective problem would go away on its own. My guess is it generally will anyway.

Funny how seven-to-10-percent car loans will do that. There are only so many suckers who can be talked into a $5K-plus above-MSRP gouging in addition to $5K a year in interest over several years. That captive audience is small, and shrinking by the day. I am still gobsmacked that fully 17.5 percent of all new car loan payments are $1,000 per month or higher. It’s plainly unsustainable, and as I mentioned earlier, new car dealers are absolutely sacrificing long-term profits for short-term gains. Those GMs need to be sent to remedial business school — if they attended one in the first place, which is doubtful.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Just got back from on of our local dealerships and they are no longer taking any reservations for Trailhuner or TRD Pros. The salesman said people at the bottom for those models probably won’t be getting one at all.
"Probably won't be getting one at all..." I'd find another dealer to take your TH deposit. Once Toyota drops MSRPs/delivery date, the real line starts forming. A certain cohort will back out based on sticker shock alone/opt to trade down to the ICE versions/ move to Tundra/4 Runner/2025s.

Not gonna let ToyotaSalesman31707 ruin my stoke. 4th gen rollout could be massive volume, everybody wins....

Last edited:

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
"Probably won't be getting one at all..." I'd find another dealer to take your TH deposit. Once Toyota drops MSRPs/delivery date, the real line starts forming. A certain cohort will back out based on sticker shock alone/opt to trade down to the ICE versions/ move to Tundra/4 Runner/2025s.

Not gonna let ToyotaSalesman31707 ruin my stoke. 4th gen rollout could be massive volume, everybody wins....
Even if the 2024 MY rollout isn't as high volume as hoped (and with the hybrids dropping a few months into it, they are constrained by time, at a minimum), "not getting one at all" seems hyperbolic, not just because people will drop off the lists, but also because MY2025 should also be an option, if you're down the list and willing to wait. If the first 2024s are dropping this Dec/Jan and the hybrids start dropping Mar/Apr, it's not unreasonable to expect that those nearer the bottom of the list might get their hybrids when the new model year (likely) comes around Dec/Jan. Sure, some might drop over that wait, but that just speeds things up for the folks below them.

OP
OP
beninbeta

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Even if the 2024 MY rollout isn't as high volume as hoped (and with the hybrids dropping a few months into it, they are constrained by time, at a minimum), "not getting one at all" seems hyperbolic, not just because people will drop off the lists, but also because MY2025 should also be an option, if you're down the list and willing to wait. If the first 2024s are dropping this Dec/Jan and the hybrids start dropping Mar/Apr, it's not unreasonable to expect that those nearer the bottom of the list might get their hybrids when the new model year (likely) comes around Dec/Jan. Sure, some might drop over that wait, but that just speeds things up for the folks below them.
Yes I should have said probably not getting one in 24. Also I'm able to switch to a different model including Trial Hunter of things change, but I was just letting people know what the dealership here said. They also sell at MSRP here so I'll stick with them.

Lastly, I think I'll be able to build out an Off-road that'll be just as good or better than a trail hunter over time and I'm ok with that. If it means I get to get out on a trails and camp in some remote places more quickly that's worth it for me.

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Lastly, I think I'll be able to build out an Off-road that'll be just as good or better than a trail hunter over time and I'm ok with that. If it means I get to get out on a trails and camp in some remote places more quickly that's worth it for me.
There's a lot to be said for starting with the OR and building it out the way you want. To me, the TH and the Pro are both set up with equipment I wouldn't want (the isodynamic seats and the sport bar spring to mind), and it would likely be more economical to start with something a little more bare. You're also more likely to get exactly what you want, instead of settling for things they've installed.
Sponsored