Sponsored

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)

Love how they dive right in with snow/dirt/mud with this truck, not babying it at all.

Spoiler: Overall they were very impressed. Only ding maybe were the tires for what they were doing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Buckleup7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Good review. Better than I would've expected going full throttle acceleration in slushy conditions. Gonna need it where I'm from.

They were sliding all around at the end but still made it uphill on those tires.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
Stock tires usually not the best no matter the manufacturer. They make cheaper versions in bulk for production. I was planning on getting OWL BFG or Cooper all weathers anyway.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
For me, in the snow/ice the only way to fly is Limited Hybrid with the Torsen differential to have full-time 4WD. Not sure re the new Taco, but traditionally the SOP from Toyota with their part-time systems is to disengage 4WD over 55 MPH.

Last edited:

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
For me, in the snow/ice the only way to fly is Limited Hybrid with the Torsen differential to have full-time 4WD. Not sure re the new Taco, but traditionally the SOP from Toyota with their part-time systems is to disengage 4WD over 55 MPH.
There is nothing stating this in the owner’s manual.

“Reduce speed to at least 62mph before engaging 4H”

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
The 2024 manual doesn't seem to have this restriction, from what I can see. The only limitation is that you need to drop below 62mph to shift between 2HI and 4HI, but you can go up to 107mph in 4HI.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
The 2024 manual doesn't seem to have this restriction, from what I can see. The only limitation is that you need to drop below 62mph to shift between 2HI and 4HI, but you can go up to 107mph in 4HI.
One really needs the Torsen to alleviate binding of the drive train when turning, or if tires are of slightly different size front/rear. Modern transfer cases all use a chain internally, not a good thing in my opinion, but the way it is, and this is especially where a Torsen helps reduce stress/wear.
Sponsored

Last edited: