Sponsored

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
After watching the video, are you MORE or LESS inclined to purchase with or without Hybrid iForceMAX?
I'll be honest I haven't watched the video yet. I will, but I wanted to point out what is in my opinion the most important factor in choosing the non-hybrid vs hybrid... The FUN factor! 326 HP 465 TQ, I mean that gets me excited just thinking about it. I won't know what to do with all that power. Any added MPG's will just be a bonus. Estimates that I'm seeing floating around out there about the cost difference between non-hybrid and hybrid models are putting it around $3k plus or minus a tad. For me it's worth it all day long, but I get that not everyone will agree with that. Living out in Denver area and being able to go up I70, holding speed rock solid, easily crawling up super steep stuff offroad with minimal pedal application due to the huge low end torque, and then having the power underfoot when I want it.... I can't wait.
Sponsored

Snowjunky24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot
I would much rather turn the boost up for power all the time then have a complex hybrid system that has the extra power only as long as the battery has juice

RaskyR1

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ram 1500, '91 Toyota MR2 Turbo, '22 Ducati
Remember this is not green tech, this is power tech. It’s called Max , not IForce Eco
Yeah, I only want the hybrid for the extra power. I don't really care about the fuel economy but if it's better than the base engine it's just a bonus IMO.

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Remember this is not green tech, this is power tech. It’s called Max , not IForce Eco
Agreed! According to Toyota, though, it is green (I guess?). The Tacoma hybrid is advertised as an addition to the “Beyond Zero” campaign suggesting contribution to gradual efforts to be “carbon neutral.” I’m not sure that makes a lot of sense to me. As you said, this seems to be a performance thing and not really an eco thing despite how it may be billed.

Here’s the advertisement:

Beyond Zero is our vision to reach beyond carbon neutrality with our products, services and operations, and find new ways to create a better world. The Hybrid EV Tacoma is one of the many ways we drive toward our Beyond Zero vision.
2024 Tacoma Toyota Hybrid System Explained {filename}

Tacoma is a part of the Hybrid EV Family.

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime → '24 TRD OR or Sport
There is a battery to propel the vehicle. It's just not an only-battery electric vehicle. I never said it's all new technology. I said it's complicated. Not sure why you're so defensive.
If you're saying that powertrain isn't complicated, I would say you don't completely understand the powertrain, lol. Guy does seem oddly combative over someone expressing an accurate opinion.

bitrunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Audi
are you MORE or LESS inclined to purchase with or without Hybrid iForceMAX?
more hybrid inclined. Increased power is always great, but as some review mentioned, the fuel tank is slightly smaller in the 4g, so the total range of the hybrid should be noticeably better.
Sponsored