Sponsored

ToyTrucker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Video shows how the Multi-Terrain Monitor views aren't only useful when off-roading, but also on city streets.

The Multi Terrain Monitor uses a 14 inch monitor and 5 cameras to give the driver views of the ground ahead and sides when off roading, if you have no spotter. It is also useful on city streets for parking, backing up and avoiding curb rash if you have no spotter! :)

I like the cargo view đź‘Ť

Sponsored

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
So I'm sorry to be a buzzkill, but nowhere in this video do you actually use the "Multi-terrain monitor". You were just using the standard Panoramic View Monitor that is present on the limited trim too. MTM is that button/switch on the far right that takes you into different view options and also allows you to "see" under the vehicle. To do that it is just recording what is seen on the exterior cameras and maintaining it as that ground is now under the vehicle.

See this video for an explanation:

Last edited:

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
So I'm sorry to be a buzzkill, but nowhere in this video do you actually use the "Multi-terrain monitor". You were just using the standard Panoramic View Monitor that is present on the limited trim too. MTM is that button/switch on the far right that takes you into different view options and also allows you to "see" under the vehicle. To do that it is just recording what is seen on the exterior cameras and maintaining it as that ground is now under the vehicle.

Thanks and I clearly stated in the title of the video it was on city streets. Multi Terrain Monitor is what the option is called in the off road & I use the cameras to assist me in my driving on streets but it can do all the off road stuff if I wanted to do that as well. Dodging my trash carts is about as off road I as I get! Thanks for the call out!

Last edited:

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

so not to be a buzzkill, but you’re wrong.

the MTM having additional camera views for Off-road doesn’t make the camera views on road “standard panarmoic view”.

It’s still part of the package. Off roads don’t get Panoramic. They get MTM which INCLUDES panoramic.

Blackhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 3 Taco
I like to use it to park in weird spots. Now I'm addicted to finding weird parking spots. Damn. Hard to resist.
Sponsored