Sponsored

Why the 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter and TRD Pro Are Worth the Hype (Video)

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Hey guys, I did another video covering some of the things that I havent seen talked about much. I know these trucks are expensive, but lets be real they are as luxurious as the past Lexus generation. The upper trims have some distinct advantages when it comes to those who actually wheel and offroad their vehicles. Some of these differences are huge, like the steering. It doesnt seem as exciting as shocks in the seats, but in my opinion its far more important. Upgrading the steering in previous generation trucks has become a very common mod. I cover this, as well as some other important things that will seperate the top trims. This time around, its much more than a lift kit and badging.

Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
If you get an early delivery & fit it with a wedge camper definitely suss-out how you're going to get the camera on the rear cab spoiler moved to the rear of the camper shell. Like you said the halo tacos are luxury, so I expect Sheldon & his crew to have a great answer to the rearview digital display when loading up the bed or having a permanent shell on the back. We need to be able to unplug that rear camera like the dash speaker! And a wifi trailer cam as the only answer doesn't cut the mustard IMO if you're dropping 65K

OP
OP
Independence Overland

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
If you get an early delivery & fit it with a wedge camper definitely suss-out how you're going to get the camera on the rear cab spoiler moved to the rear of the camper shell. Like you said the halo tacos are luxury, so I expect Sheldon & his crew to have a great answer to the rearview digital display when loading up the bed or having a permanent shell on the back. We need to be able to unplug that rear camera like the dash speaker! And a wifi trailer cam as the only answer doesn't cut the mustard IMO if you're dropping 65K
Theres already a kit for the Tundras to relocate the bed cam to the back of the truck for this reason. As far as the tailgate camera, I am unsure how that one will work. I will be figuring some stuff out!

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Theres already a kit for the Tundras to relocate the bed cam to the back of the truck for this reason.
awesome, yea needs to be unpluggable and wired to the back hatch on people's setups. My GFC won't have a window over the tailgate, would feel like a bozo nixing tech features while adding analog necessities on the back.

On the test mule, the cam setup is 2: one for the bed, one for the rearview mirror. Would be sick if they can be separated so the wide angle bed is still usable.

The tailgate cam if I'm not mistaken is just a wide angle for backup/360 awareness feature/trailer connecting. shoots the ground mostly..?

2024 Tacoma Why the 2024 Tacoma Trailhunter and TRD Pro Are Worth the Hype (Video) Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 6.41.59 PM
Sponsored