Sponsored

Wireless Apple Car Play Connection Issues

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Is anyone having issues getting the Apple Car play to automatically connect when the truck starts up? I am having to go into bluetooth setting and turn on car play everytime. I have disconnected and reconnected my phone several times, and it doesnt seem to fix the problem. The bluetooth connects, just not CarPlay.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SweetDave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5 4x4
I’m having the same experience, it WAS automatic connection but stopped doing so two days ago.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Maybe it has to do with the Apple OS (17.4) update from earlier in the week?

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
There have been a couple times when I've remote started the truck, but Car Play doesn't connect when I get in. I end up turning the truck back off and opening the drivers door so so the infotainment system turns off, then start the truck again to let it connect.

BMM123

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 now - Sport Premium on order
I use android auto and I have to connect manually about 3 in ten times.

stillgotomx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Is anyone having issues getting the Apple Car play to automatically connect when the truck starts up? I am having to go into bluetooth setting and turn on car play everytime. I have disconnected and reconnected my phone several times, and it doesnt seem to fix the problem. The bluetooth connects, just not CarPlay.
I found this on toyotanation.com and it worked perfectly:

"I think what is happening with your headunit and your iPhone is there is corruption in the bluetooth files happening between your Toyota's headunit and your iPhone's Bluetooth files.
Here is the fix and Follow these instrux carefully:
Go into your iPhone Network Bluetooth Settings and FORGET your Toyota in the iPhone Bluetooth, and then RESET Network settings in your iPhone.

THEN, go to your Toyota headunit and FORGET the iPhone. Then reboot the Toyota headunit by pushing in and holding the Volume button in the headunit for 5 seconds. And REboot your iPhone as well."

I had an hour of glitching around until I tried this and it set up CarPlay perfectly.
Sponsored