Sponsored

Which 2024 Tacoma trim do you plan to purchase?

• Total voters

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
Either TRD OR, 4x4, 6’ bed, Premium package or TH with light options. Bronze or Windchill.
Sponsored

PnchDrnk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT
I’m very interested in the Trailhunter but it’ll have to come down to price. If it’s too expensive I’ll probably end up with the TRD offroad long box with some additions.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I’m very interested in the Trailhunter but it’ll have to come down to price. If it’s too expensive I’ll probably end up with the TRD offroad long box with some additions.
Ditto for me including the long box. I wonder if the Trailhunter is shown with options (snorkel and sport bar). I’m not interested in those and would delete if possible. Boils down to price and rear seat legroom. It looks tight back there.

evorunner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2016 tacoma trd sport
Ditto for me including the long box. I wonder if the Trailhunter is shown with options (snorkel and sport bar). I’m not interested in those and would delete if possible. Boils down to price and rear seat legroom. It looks tight back there.
I think they said on the trail hunter shown only options were the roof rack and one other thing. I think the sports bar and snorkel are standard

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I think they said on the trail hunter shown only options were the roof rack and one other thing. I think the sports bar and snorkel are standard
I only picked up that the roof rack was optional on Trailhunter. I like the Trailhunter and might still end up treating myself to it, but it includes a number of features that drive up the price and aren't particularly of interest for me. For example,
  1. I have no interest in the Sport Bar, I want to fit a camper and have no use for the former.
  2. Like wise the electric tailgate is a neat option for some but no value to me.
  3. Not sure the hybrid will offer enough value for me. I don't need the high power/torque and it doesn't seem likely to offer a significant gain in mpg, particularly for touring/overland, where I'd be after additional range from the economy. If the hybrid battery supports 2.4kW electric output when the engine is off then that might persuade me. But there are other ways to skin that cat using the non-hybrid 400W output to charge a portable power station.
  4. Suspension is nice but the standard TRD OR Bilsteins are probably good enough for my needs

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
Yea Road& Track did an interview with Sheldon Brown, its posted on here somewhere, it was really good.
He said that the Trailhunter you see is stock except for the Roof Rack. So sports rack, Snorkel is all stock. Sheldon Brown even talked about how you could theoretically buy a TH fender, Snorkel and engine bay air box, and your TRD Sport or OR can have a snorkel.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Yea Road& Track did an interview with Sheldon Brown, its posted on here somewhere, it was really good.
He said that the Trailhunter you see is stock except for the Roof Rack. So sports rack, Snorkel is all stock. Sheldon Brown even talked about how you could theoretically buy a TH fender, Snorkel and engine bay air box, and your TRD Sport or OR can have a snorkel.
I was hoping the roof rack, rock sliders, sport bar and snorkel were add on accessories to a base Trailhunter. Of those parts, the roof rack would be the only one I’d want. I’m not a fan of spending money on things I don’t want either so it boils down to final cost. You have to draw the line somewhere and for me that’s an even $60k. Anything over and I’m out.

SpeedDevil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Offroad in the future

Id get a pro, but I wanna stick above all else, and as the name implies, wanna go offroad

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I was hoping the roof rack, rock sliders, sport bar and snorkel were add on accessories to a base Trailhunter. Of those parts, the roof rack would be the only one I’d want. I’m not a fan of spending money on things I don’t want either so it boils down to final cost. You have to draw the line somewhere and for me that’s an even $60k. Anything over and I’m out.
Agree. I'm starting to think that starting at TRD OR and optioning up may be a better approach for me ... but I have plenty of time to wait on more complete details by end of the year.

chounder

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Here is my backup plan if the TRD Pro & Trailhunter become Unobtainium

An optioned-out, Solar Octane TRD Off-Road with:
- TRD Premium Off-Road Package
- Wireless Trailer Cameras (Probably part of a premium tow package)
- Font air dam delete
- iForce Max Engine
- 6ft Bed
- TRD bash plates
- Plus Vinyl wrap roof and mirrors (Excuse my poor Photoshop skills.)

2024 Tacoma Which 2024 Tacoma trim do you plan to buy? IMG_0385

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?
Here is my backup plan if the TRD Pro & Trailhunter become Unobtainium

An optioned-out, Solar Octane TRD Off-Road with:
- TRD Premium Off-Road Package
- Wireless Trailer Cameras (Probably part of a premium tow package)
- Font air dam delete
- iForce Max Engine
- 6ft Bed
- TRD bash plates
- Plus Vinyl wrap roof and mirrors (Excuse my poor Photoshop skills.)

IMG_0385.jpg
I dig it!
I’m still holding out hope that the 4auto option, that was only shown and highlighted in the Limited is available on the OR or Sport. The more I read about the TH may be too pricey for me.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
I’m one of the Limited votes. Comparing Tacoma with Ranger & Canyon, but also waiting to see what the 4 Runner & GX turn out to be. If I do go Taco I know I’m going to want it all & the Limited should be about perfect for weekend runs to Home Depot.
Same thoughts here also!

Reactions: MJE

mnguyen023

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Has anyone took the plunge to put a deposit down yet? I’m on the verge of placing one on the pro or trail hunter but hesitant dude to msrp not announced yet. I fear by the time we even find out the msrp both the pro and trail will be hard to get
Sponsored