Sponsored

Do you guys agree?

joemysterio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
I mean... it is what it is... but as far as the part failure, I'm still initially inclined to believe this could be a one-off issue, but the next thing I'd suspect would be an install issue by a worker.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
explanation - sure good. The fact that the issue is that he thinks because it’s not assembled in Japan is ridiculouS. I have a ‘17 RX350, that is built here in Canada that is great and has one of the best reliability ratings of any vehicle on the road, as does the Tacoma which has also been made stateside for many years and has an amazing reliability rating. Not sure why he bashes Japanese cars made in North America and that’s what makes them bad, the list can go on and on of Japanese cars that are really reliable, built in North America. Honda accord, Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV..l.

lb272

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MT Forester
The argument may have some merit but his analogy between full stop braking and traction control does not make much sense to me. Traction control - engine power is reduced but the brakes are opposing torque produced by the engine. Emergency braking while in 4wd - you are hopefully not stomping on the accelerator at the same time. I'll wait and see what the final verdict from Toyota's analysis is.

But consider that I'm an American and I don't own a GX460 so I'm both lazy and stupid.

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
My 2010 SR5 5MT was built by UAW labor in Fremont, Cali...

My 2016 SR was built non-union labor in San Antonio, TX...

Both of them with 8 years of service each had NO unscheduled maintenance issues. Nothing but routine and normal maintenance.

Both were U.S. made trucks!

2024 Tacoma Do you guys agree? DSCI0027

2024 Tacoma Do you guys agree? 10312edc42d941caab840fe277188575

2024 Tacoma Do you guys agree? DSCN1246.JPG

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
Considering this truck was never made in nor for Japan, you lost me at the title... and then saying "Americans shouldn't build Toyota's" when the 4G Tacoma is actually assembled in Mexico. And lets not forget every Subaru in North America is built in Indiana and they have one of the most loyalist fan base I've ever seen (because I was once one of them).

Snapping a part designed to break on one vehicle (hasn't been any other cases yet) and claiming that the entire line is a failure is like saying every single vehicle ever produced is a failure. Not a single vehicle has ever been made that did not have some sort of issue with a component.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Considering this truck was never made in nor for Japan, you lost me at the title... and then saying "Americans shouldn't build Toyota's" when the 4G Tacoma is actually assembled in Mexico. And lets not forget every Subaru in North America is built in Indiana and they have one of the most loyalist fan base I've ever seen (because I was once one of them).

Snapping a part designed to break on one vehicle (hasn't been any other cases yet) and claiming that the entire line is a failure is like saying every single vehicle ever produced is a failure. Not a single vehicle has ever been made that did not have some sort of issue with a component.
It’s clickbait. I’d bet the user who posted it here is the same as the YouTube channel
Sponsored