2024 SR/SR5 Trim with a rear locker???

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
Typically, Toyota is not going to offer a Rear locker in the lower grades. However, with the return of the pre-runner only in a 2 door trim, the rear locker is standard. Having owned to Trd off-road models, this is the first time I am considering going to a two door since I primarily use it for hunting fishing and I like all that storage behind the seats. I also like the idea of putting both a topper on the back and maybe a Decked system, like I had before, in order to achieve a level sleeping platform. The double cabs that I owned were too short for sleeping

So knowing that the rear locker is standard on the two-door pre-runner, does anyone think or know if the two-door variance of either the SR or the SR5 in 4x4 models will offer a rear locker. This would be a completely no-brainer, because I would love the added capability and security of having the rear locker.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No one?? Ha I’m shocked I’m the only one wondering about this

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
SR=No, You need the SR5 TRD Off Road to get the locker.

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SR=No, You need the SR5 TRD Off Road to get the locker.
So you think the SR5 may have the locker or sr5 w a TRD trim upgrade to get it?? Just trying to understand

joewitafro

First Name
joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 honda civic 1.5l turbo, 95 lexus sc300 turbo
2023 tacoma doesn't offer a off-road package or anything that has a rear locker; so I don't think Toyota is going to do that on the 2024 SR or SR5 either; with the pre-runner being the exception.

I think Toyota will reason if you want a locking diff + 4wd, or a sway bar disconnect then you will need to step up to the TRD Off-road model or TRD PRO/trailhunter.

OP
OP

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 tacoma doesn't offer a off-road package or anything that has a rear locker; so I don't think Toyota is going to do that on the 2024 SR or SR5 either; with the pre-runner being the exception.

I think Toyota will reason if you want a locking diff + 4wd, or a sway bar disconnect then you will need to step up to the TRD Off-road model or TRD PRO/trailhunter.
Thanks for the response! I thought it may be a possibility since the Prerunner 2 door was getting it. I’ve owned two offroads but don’t need the crew cab, it won’t be my daily driver.
Interesting side note, I picked up my company car (rav4) at the local dealership and chatted with the manager of dealership and asked him the same question. He was told by his factory rep that they were considering offering the Off-road in the xtra cab… He was adamant about it but I doubt it’s going to happen, but that would be a nice truck for me.
Sponsored