Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Kinda weird that also none of the TRD packages are for a 6ft bed

and was hoping for more of the AAP products online but none of them are

Looks like you can get all of the packages on the TRD OR 6ft.
Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus ST
Dam no nightshade for the limited
This configurator is definitely not finished. You can't pick ANY color for the limited and it's missing some other optional items.

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
Wow, way over priced, everything. Ordered a Maverick a month ago, I would have to pay 53k on a TRD sport to match features on the maverick, plus you get more, that would be auto dim rearview mirror, paramic sunroof, sound system, these aren't too importantant except the auto dim rearview mirror but I get heated and power side mirrors witht Maverick. I didn't see heat mirrors for the TRD sport. That's 18k more for the TRD sport more than the maverick. Even the cheapest SR will give me nothing except the trailer hitch and will need to spend 3.5k more.

I built a ranger to the same feature of this taco. I would spend 10k less with the ranger 6g. Just insane price.

I never liked that site, they need to switch to vertical scrolling.

Thanks for the link by the way. I waited a while for the taco 4g, but I'm glad I didn't wait to see the prices.

JeRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima
I went to dealership yesterday. I agreed to MSRP in writing before heading over to drop off deposit. Walked in and it immediately changed to 5K ADM. Probably need to wait out this storm.

Screenshot_20231212-013219.png
That's when I'd go to Google Reviews and leave 1 Star feedback, because my time is precious and they wasted it by having my drive there and change the deal. I'd be furious, heck, I'm furious for you just reading that.

JeRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima
I do not want a freaking moon roof
And that is on like nearly all of the trd packages šŸ˜”
Moonroof or sunroof? <scrambles to build website>

Update: ok, so by moonroof this thing will just tilt up, rather than slide open? I'm a little confused. Man, when I read moonroof, I was registering full blown panoramic! That would've been sick.

Last edited:

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
That's when I'd go to Google Reviews and leave 1 Star feedback, because my time is precious and they wasted it by having my drive there and change the deal. I'd be furious, heck, I'm furious for you just reading that.
Haha yeah, that's exactly what I did.

Newtacointown

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Wow, way over priced, everything. Ordered a Maverick a month ago, I would have to pay 53k on a TRD sport to match features on the maverick, plus you get more, that would be auto dim rearview mirror, paramic sunroof, sound system, these aren't too importantant except the auto dim rearview mirror but I get heated and power side mirrors witht Maverick. I didn't see heat mirrors for the TRD sport. That's 18k more for the TRD sport more than the maverick. Even the cheapest SR will give me nothing except the trailer hitch and will need to spend 3.5k more.

I built a ranger to the same feature of this taco. I would spend 10k less with the ranger 6g. Just insane price.

I never liked that site, they need to switch to vertical scrolling.

Thanks for the link by the way. I waited a while for the taco 4g, but I'm glad I didn't wait to see the prices.
Imagine comparing a maverick to a Tacoma lol

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Phew, I hope Canadian pricing and configuration don't reflect that crap. Over 70k for a TRD Sport manual, had to select premium package because I unfortunately know my TRD Sport is arriving with leather seats, which seems to be only available on the premium.

I will not pay $70k for a mid sized, mid trim truck. That's costly enough to be a TRD Pro. No thank you, give it to the next guy.

Not to mention the vast amount of package options. Do we really need 20 different premium upgrades? Maybe if they had custom ordering but this is just a nightmare.

I really do hope Toyota keeps up to tabs with these forum sites and the feedback, get real Toyota.

Last edited:

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
Now if we compare these two trims to ford ranger 2.3 and 2.7 Colorado at similar price points . The Ranger has 360 camera . Colorado does not . Both 4wd

IMG_4639.png

IMG_4638.png
Totally agree, you get a lot less with the Taco other than good reliability that also have problems like everyone else.

Cavemold

First Name
Cavemold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
This configurator is definitely not finished. You can't pick ANY color for the limited and it's missing some other optional items.
I didnā€™t see skid plate

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Why are some of you comparing much higher trim Tacomas with more features to lower Colorados and rangers?

also, on the note about too many packages. There really is only 4-5. The options you see are them combined.

heated seats, screen and Audi upgrade, upgraded package, premium package.

I did the opposite. I am comparing a fully loaded Ranger Raptor at 55K which has vastly more features and off road capability and much stronger engine than the similarly priced TRD off road with premium package. This is absolutely insane.
Sponsored