Sponsored

Cavemold

First Name
Cavemold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
With these prices in mind do you think Toyota will make a baby taco?
Sponsored

Cavemold

First Name
Cavemold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
You mentioned engine and then deleted the comment, lol.

You get 22hp and 34 lb-ft more than the taco, plus 6 more mpg.
1702404579056.png

1702404584252.png
From that prospective yea maverick has more power at lesser coast. I beleive the taco weakest out of all midsize trucks

RaskyR1

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ram 1500, '91 Toyota MR2 Turbo, '22 Ducati
Looks like the ISO Dynamic seats will be standard on the Pro....

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Build and Price Configurator Now Live! - Post Up Your Builds!! 1702405161341

JeRM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima
Haha yeah, that's exactly what I did.
I recall watching a Vlog about a guy shopping and driving a few hours to a dealer to get a Ford Mach-E when they were newer, and the dealer did something similar of changing the deal upon arrival. I'd want to burn the dang dealership down! x'D

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Phew, I hope Canadian pricing and configuration don't reflect that crap. Over 70k for a TRD Sport manual, had to select premium package because I unfortunately know my TRD Sport is arriving with leather seats, which seems to be only available on the premium.

I will not pay $70k for a mid sized, mid trim truck. That's costly enough to be a TRD Pro. No thank you, give it to the next guy.

Not to mention the vast amount of package options. Do we really need 20 different premium upgrades? Maybe if they had custom ordering but this is just a nightmare.

I really do hope Toyota keeps up to tabs with these forum sites and the feedback, get real Toyota.
https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/attachments/20231128_072656-jpg.6927/

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
Wow, way over priced, everything. Ordered a Maverick a month ago, I would have to pay 53k on a TRD sport to match features on the maverick, plus you get more, that would be auto dim rearview mirror, paramic sunroof, sound system, these aren't too importantant except the auto dim rearview mirror but I get heated and power side mirrors witht Maverick. I didn't see heat mirrors for the TRD sport. That's 18k more for the TRD sport more than the maverick. Even the cheapest SR will give me nothing except the trailer hitch and will need to spend 3.5k more.

I built a ranger to the same feature of this taco. I would spend 10k less with the ranger 6g. Just insane price.

I never liked that site, they need to switch to vertical scrolling.

Thanks for the link by the way. I waited a while for the taco 4g, but I'm glad I didn't wait to see the prices.
Imagine comparing a maverick to a Tacoma lol

1702404579056.png

1702404584252.png
I'm not comparing maverick to tacoma, I'm comparing the money that leaves the bank account and features to features.

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
With these prices in mind do you think Toyota will make a baby taco?
I think they can easily. I noticed a few weeks ago all the stout rendering were based on the body of the maverick. lol.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Phew, I hope Canadian pricing and configuration don't reflect that crap. Over 70k for a TRD Sport manual, had to select premium package because I unfortunately know my TRD Sport is arriving with leather seats, which seems to be only available on the premium.
Canadian configs are different. My recollection is that for the Sport, the 6MT is only available with Sport+; not premium.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I did the opposite. I am comparing a fully loaded Ranger Raptor at 55K which has vastly more features and off road capability and much stronger engine than the similarly priced TRD off road with premium package. This is absolutely insane.
and a fully Loaded ranger lariat (not even including the 2.7 engine) is $51k so I don’t see your point here.

all vehicles can be optioned near the next trim and that includes the ranger.

we don’t even know the pro or trailhunter prices yet.

you also can’t even buy the raptor… 1 per dealership across country and everyone I’ve called is spoken for.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

1702404579056.png

1702404584252.png
does the base SR… be a little more honest and post the non detuned engine numbers

and is the engine truly all you’re comparing to the maverick?

Last edited:

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
and a fully Loaded ranger lariat (not even including the 2.7 engine) is $5 so I don’t see your point here.

all vehicles can be optioned near the next trim and that includes the ranger.

we don’t even know the pro or trailhunter prices yet.
My point is that a TRD Offroad optioned with the same level of tech is the same price as a Ranger Raptor which is insane. TH and TRD Pro with premium package will of course be much more expensive.
And no, a loaded Lariat is 8K less than a raptor.

The reality is that for equivalent off road spec / tech you are paying 8-10K more with the Tacoma.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My point is that a TRD Offroad optioned with the same level of tech is the same price as a Ranger Raptor which is insane. TH and TRD Pro with premium package will of course be much more expensive.
And no, a loaded Lariat is 8K less than a raptor.

The reality is that for equivalent off road spec / tech you are paying 8-10K more with the Tacoma.
what are you talking about? A loaded lariat 2024 4x4 is $51k… and again this doesn’t include the 2.7 engine

https://shop.ford.com/configure/ran...r|2024|1|1.|.R4K..PM7...914.CAB.AWD.67X.LAR.]

BOTH the lariat and raptor are missing things the Tacoma has and vice versa.

there won’t be a pro or trailhunter premium package lol… the Features are standard just like the limited. Can you point me to a limited premium package? The limited doesn’t have one but the pro does?

I swear common sense and logic are sorely missing here

Last edited:

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
what are you talking about? A loaded lariat 2024 4x4 is $51k… and again this doesn’t include the 2.7 engine man

https://shop.ford.com/configure/ran...r|2024|1|1.|.R4K..PM7...914.CAB.AWD.67X.LAR.]

BOTH the lariat and raptor are missing things the Tacoma has and vice versa.

there isn’t a pro or trainhunter premium package lol… the Features are standard just like the limited. Can you point me to a limited premium package? The limited doesn’t have one but the pro does?

I swear common sense and logic are sorely missing here
Ok let's calmly try again:

A TRD off road with the highest package is $55K, ok? The Trailhunter / TRD Pro will add to that:
- expensive 2.5in coilovers
- style elements (hood on TRD Pro, snorkel on TH, etc)
- plenty of off-road stuff (skid plates..)
- expensive hybrid engine

The above has a cost. The Hybrid is a $4K premium on the Tundra. 2.5 coilovers etc will cost a lot. Expect 7-10K over the Offroad. That brings us to 62-65K for a Trailhunter/TRD Pro which is 7-10K more than a loaded Ranger Raptor. Nobody in his right mind would buy a TRD Offroad at the same price of a raptor. It would cost you $10K+ of aftermarket upgrades to arrive to something similar.

If you can't do basic maths, I can't help you. And why in the world are you bringing the fact that the TH / Pro won't have a premium package? It does not matter wether the premium package features are already included standard on the TH/Pro or if it's a separate package, because I am comparing at the same level of equipment (fully loaded).

Let's not even mention the fully loaded Chevy ZR2 which has even more capability than a TRD Pro (10in front travel, 12 in rear travel with multimatics and dual front/rear lockers) for only $50K. That is $5K less than a similarly equipped TRD Offroad, but with twice the off-road capability. Ridiculous.

Look, I understand you are a Toyota fan boy. I really like the look of the Tacoma and the reliability, but I won't get it in the a** just because there is a Toyota badge on it. It's a rip-off and thanks to people like you who don't mind overpaying 7-10K they can happily continue doing it!

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ok let's calmly try again:

A TRD off road with the highest package is $55K, ok? The Trailhunter / TRD Pro will add to that:
- expensive 2.5in coilovers
- style elements (hood on TRD Pro, snorkel on TH, etc)
- plenty of off-road stuff (skid plates..)
- expensive hybrid engine

The above has a cost. The Hybrid is a $4K premium on the Tundra. 2.5 coilovers etc will cost a lot. Expect 7-10K over the Offroad. That brings us to 62-65K for a Trailhunter/TRD Pro which is 7-10K more than a loaded Ranger Raptor. Nobody in his right mind would buy a TRD Offroad at the same price of a raptor. It would cost you $10K+ of aftermarket upgrades to arrive to something similar.

If you can't do basic maths, I can't help you. And why in the world are you bringing the fact that the TH / Pro won't have a premium package? It does not matter wether the premium package features are already included standard on the TH/Pro or if it's a separate package, because I am comparing at the same level of equipment (fully loaded).

Let's not even mention the fully loaded Chevy ZR2 which has even more capability than a TRD Pro (10in front travel, 12 in rear travel with multimatics and dual front/rear lockers) for only $50K. That is $5K less than a similarly equipped TRD Offroad, but with twice the off-road capability. Ridiculous.

Look, I understand you are a Toyota fan boy. I really like the look of the Tacoma and the reliability, but I won't get it in the a** just because there is a Toyota badge on it. It's a rip-off and thanks to people like you who don't mind overpaying 7-10K they can happily continue doing it!
You just totally moved the goalposts lol…

you made multiple claims about the ranger xlt vs the off-road. I proved that
you are either misinformed or lying.

You also plainly said a PREMIUM package would make the price increase further on the upper trims.

lets start with your original claims before opening up a whole different argument.

1. A loaded ranger lariat is not 8k less than a raptor… It’s $51k. Did you see the build link above or did you decide to pretend it doesn’t exist? Did you really insult someone’s “basic math” skills when it’s very obvious you’re the one who isn’t adding correctly?

2. You cannot directly get certain features from the ranger in the Tacoma and vice versa so you purposely loading up a Tacoma off road while comparing to a base xlt is disingenuous

3.You CANNOT buy a raptor lol. There’s 1 per dealership. Enjoy the price increase next year or the year after when you’re finally able to get one.

no one is fan boying. I’m calling out blatant misinformation so people can make their decisions with actual facts. Thanks for playing.