Sponsored

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
Even in Wisconsin the SR and SR5 have $800 adjustments by dealer on lower trims.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Build and Price Configurator Now Live! - Post Up Your Builds!! 1703667215502
Sponsored

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
1703617992397.png

What is the dealer adjustment for, to pay the property taxes for the dealer with? Glad I do not live anywhere near Cali.
$70k for a standard engine taco w/5ā€™ bed. That makes a Rivian look like a great deal šŸ˜†

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Ive been comparing trim levels on the tacoma website. you can compare the TH and the Pro against the other trims (sans price and MPG for the hybrids). There is no option for an OR Hybrid in a 6" bed only a 5' bed. Is this just an error on the website or does the hybrid OR only come in a 5' bed?
I've been digging around the past couple days on info regarding an OR hybrid with a 6' bed. By the looks of it, only the way you can get a hybrid + a 6' bed is with the TH. Basically, you can't config a poor-man's long boi TH. At least not in 2024. TRD PRO looks like just the 5' / no 6' option either.

Gonna push up more demand on the Trailhunters. Maybe. It's gonna be an expensive rig, we'll see.

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Build and Price Configurator Now Live! - Post Up Your Builds!! Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 3.08.20ā€ÆPM

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
Iā€™m still accepting the price tags for TRD OR iForce Max (which we donā€™t yet have, but we have a figure to determine what it will be more than) and am cross-shopping Broncos which have hefty price tags too. Iā€™m planning on getting the Taco lifted with new wheels and tires straight from the dealership, so Iā€™ll consider the Bronco with the lifted, 35ā€ tire ā€œSasquatchā€ package - straight from the factory. But, do I really want a Ford instead of the newest version of the best truck (and, possibly, vehicle) ever made? Does anyone have an idea of when we might see pricing and MPGs for the hybrids?

PadyWagon

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
996 Turbo | TJ Rubicon (being replaced by TRD Pro)
Iā€™m still accepting the price tags for TRD OR iForce Max (which we donā€™t yet have, but we have a figure to determine what it will be more than) and am cross-shopping Broncos which have hefty price tags too. Iā€™m planning on getting the Taco lifted with new wheels and tires straight from the dealership, so Iā€™ll consider the Bronco with the lifted, 35ā€ tire ā€œSasquatchā€ package - straight from the factory. But, do I really want a Ford instead of the newest version of the best truck (and, possibly, vehicle) ever made? Does anyone have an idea of when we might see pricing and MPGs for the hybrids?
My guess is April since a few prominent youtube channels that were at the previous media day indicated thats when they expect to drive the hybrids for the first time.

It would be logical for Toyota to host another media day with an embargo date for driving impressions to be released at the same time (just like they did in. Ov), and follow up shortly after with pricing and other specs.

As I wait in line for a TRD Pro, Iā€™ll be listening closely for when journalists get hands on with a hybrid in spring.

Gonna be a long winter.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
hybrid mpg was already leaked via code on their website site.

city 22
Highway 24
Combined 23

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 Tacoma Limited
I was all aboard the hype wagon until I saw the fuel mileage numbers. I've got no problem going to a 4cyl from the 6cyl; but NOT with the same fuel mileage.

And you are right, gotta let them play out for a few years first. I've got a 22 OR that I'll be keeping for a bit and to be honest, I might even slide over to the LandCruiser next purchase.
You are looking at this wrong, you are better efficiency, a much better low end power band, a better transmission, and much improved torque, the bonus is that you will get similar if not better MPGā€™s in a much needed and improved package.

Tacosyeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460

city 22
Highway 24
Combined 23
Those definitely aren't the numbers that were leaked. The LC #s are on the Canadian website at 8.7 l/100km combined, unless there was something else recently.

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2

city 22
Highway 24
Combined 23
Those numbers seem very plausible. I've been comparing the Grand Highlander 2.4T AWD vs Hybrid Max AWD to get an idea of pricing, weight, and mpg differences between iForce and iForce Max. It's not a direct comparison because the hybrid systems are slightly different, but it's the closest comparison we have until the land cruiser MPGs are released. I'm not convinced the "leaked" 27mpg for the landcruiser is accurate when that is the rating for the much more aerodynamic and presumably lighter GH.

Grand Highlander Limited 2.4T AWD:
$49,460
20/26/22 mpg
265hp 310tq
4575 lbs curb weight
0-60 7.2s (C&D)

Grand Highlander Limited 2.4T Hybrid Max AWD:
$54,040
26/27/27 mpg
362hp 400tq
4920 lbs curb weight
0-60 5.6s (C&D)

TRD OR Premium 5' bed:
$53,195
19/23/20 mpg
278hp 317tq
4800lbs curb weight
0-60 7.0s (C&D)

My estimate based on this is that hybrid max will be ~$4k option when you factor in the 2400w inverter as well.

The highway fuel economy is not improved much by the hybrid max and the effect will be even more minimal with the Tacoma's larger A/T tires and aerodynamics. The weight increase of over 300lbs and slight increase in tire size will also dampen the city mpgs. 0-60 should be 1-1.5s faster with the biggest difference being off the line. That would put it at mid 5s 0-60. I think the biggest reason to get the iForce max will be for the off the line feel and the inverter. I don't foresee making that money back from fuel efficiency.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Those definitely aren't the numbers that were leaked. The LC #s are on the Canadian website at 8.7 l/100km combined, unless there was something else recently.
yes they are.

I am not talking about the Land Cruiser.

Read my comment again.

code leaked from a Toyota site:

{
"modelYear": 2024,
"displayYear": 2024,
"modelCode": "tacomahybrid",
"modelName": "Tacoma i-FORCE MAX",
"displayName": "Tacoma i-FORCE MAX",
"modelCategory": "Upcoming Vehicles",
"cityMPG": 22,
"hwyMPG": 24,
"HorsePower": "230",
"BaseMsrp": "Coming Soon",
"showBuild": false,
"showLocalSpecials": false,
"maxSeating": 5,
"mileageCode": "MPG",
"isAvailable": true,
"
}

now this could obviously change, but this is what was on their site a few weeks ago. The HP number should be ignored as listed the same for all models like that.

Last edited:

TacoTanium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a toyota - Maverick on the way
That's the cooling test. There's a very long uphill climb that they use for this. Minimum ambient temperature at a minimum speed and the vehicle must complete the climb with no temperature warnings. For downhill, I think they only check a stationary parking brake hold iirc.
lol, whats that minimum speed? According to posts from actual owners they're just not capable at that heavier higher towing spec.

jxflyer

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Those numbers seem very plausible. I've been comparing the Grand Highlander 2.4T AWD vs Hybrid Max AWD to get an idea of pricing, weight, and mpg differences between iForce and iForce Max. It's not a direct comparison because the hybrid systems are slightly different, but it's the closest comparison we have until the land cruiser MPGs are released. I'm not convinced the "leaked" 27mpg for the landcruiser is accurate when that is the rating for the much more aerodynamic and presumably lighter GH.

Grand Highlander Limited 2.4T AWD:
$49,460
20/26/22 mpg
265hp 310tq
4575 lbs curb weight
0-60 7.2s (C&D)

Grand Highlander Limited 2.4T Hybrid Max AWD:
$54,040
26/27/27 mpg
362hp 400tq
4920 lbs curb weight
0-60 5.6s (C&D)

TRD OR Premium 5' bed:
$53,195
19/23/20 mpg
278hp 317tq
4800lbs curb weight
0-60 7.0s (C&D)

My estimate based on this is that hybrid max will be ~$4k option when you factor in the 2400w inverter as well.

The highway fuel economy is not improved much by the hybrid max and the effect will be even more minimal with the Tacoma's larger A/T tires and aerodynamics. The weight increase of over 300lbs and slight increase in tire size will also dampen the city mpgs. 0-60 should be 1-1.5s faster with the biggest difference being off the line. That would put it at mid 5s 0-60. I think the biggest reason to get the iForce max will be for the off the line feel and the inverter. I don't foresee making that money back from fuel efficiency.
I think this is very close to reality. I had a very lengthy interaction with ChatGPT about the hybrid vs non hybrid - compared to the tundra (I didnā€™t account for aerodynamics - too complex). It came out with 24 mpg with some generalized estimates.

https://chat.openai.com/share/f90923a3-be77-4bb4-a082-1448898ef923
Sponsored