Sponsored

2024 Tacoma Software Anomalies

M40A1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD
Not sure if any Toyota software engineers peruse forums like this one to get intel on what customers are experiencing or discussing about their vehicles, but I have seen some software glitches with my 2024 Tacoma Sport and I thought a that a thread to document what we are experiencing might be a good way to help communicate these issues, not just to Toyota software engineers, but to other owners as well. A software glitch repository, if you will.

Here’s what I have seen so far with mine, and I’ll list them out along with my VIN:

Model: 2024 Tacoma Sport, premium package

VIN: 3TYLB5JN0RT010055

Issues:
  • Object proximity warning chime came on while in a drive-through, but no active video showing the obstruction/object was displayed.

• Uncommanded loss of 14”display while driving, recovered once vehicle placed into park
12.3 Digital Multi-Information Display:
  • Regardless of meter style, when Tire Pressure monitor is set on the right side cluster it reverts to drive info, and when set on the left side cluster it reverts to radio info after vehicle is shut off and then later restarted. No other menu options display this behavior. I also set the tire pressure monitor on both the left & right side clusters to track their behavior, and agin they reverted to either drive info (right side cluster) and radio info (left side cluster). Examples below:
    2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Software Anomalies 1714042729195

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Software Anomalies 1714042742813
Sponsored

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I have also noted the tire pressure monitor not staying in the instument panel after restarting. A fix would be welcomed!

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Canadian 2024 Sport +
I have the tire pressure displayed in the left screen. It occasionally reverts to the ECO bar graph screen. Then sometimes it will go back to the Tire pressure after a period of time. I have the small 8" display with the up-graded audio. When I go to vehicle customization there are no options for anything...just a blank screen. I was assuming I would find Door Locking and headlight timing options there?

OP
OP

M40A1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma TRD
Canadian 2024 Sport +
I have the tire pressure displayed in the left screen. It occasionally reverts to the ECO bar graph screen. Then sometimes it will go back to the Tire pressure after a period of time. I have the small 8" display with the up-graded audio. When I go to vehicle customization there are no options for anything...just a blank screen. I was assuming I would find Door Locking and headlight timing options there?
On my Tacoma, which has the 14” monitor, I use that to set my light and door lock controls. On the GEAR icon on the monitor go to Vehicle Customize and you’ll see Lights, Door Control, Climate and Utility settings. Again, I’m assuming you have the larger monitor, not sure if it’s the same process for the smaller one.

Here’s an example:

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Software Anomalies 1714044422531

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
On my Tacoma, which has the 14” monitor, I use that to set my light and door lock controls. On the GEAR icon on the monitor go to Vehicle Customize and you’ll see Lights, Door Control, Climate and Utility settings. Again, I’m assuming you have the larger monitor, not sure if it’s the same process for the smaller one.

Here’s an example:

1714044422531.jpeg
I have the smaller monitor and I'm able to display that page...but it is blank...no Lights,Doors Climate,Utility.

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Not a fix but I’ve noticed that TPMS stays when I remote start with the app. 🤷‍♂️

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
I had a glitch on my TRD Sport yesterday. With an adult riding in the back seat, buckled in, all of a sudden the rear seatbelt warning chimes go off. The only way to get them to stop was to pull over, turn the truck off, then re-start.

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
So far I have no issues with the Multi info screen. My tire pressures are on my 3rd option screen on Right side. I have had multiple times where in a clean vehicle or just washed and dried that the park assist says unavailable when reversing due to a dirty camera. I manually check it and its clean. Usually goes away if place in park and retry

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Fix the TPMS from disappearing. No matter where you put it or configure your gauges it will glitch.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Same TPMS issue, never stays - disappears at each key cycle.

Kjc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma OR
I'm been having some software issues too
2024 Trd Off Road... About 3 times now I've gotten the rear seat belt icon stuck on the screen it could be there for 5 minutes or until I shut off the car... Nobody in the back seat...

On a side note I love the truck so far but the cooling fan seems to come on all the time is this normal it could be even 2 minutes after starting... I haven't experienced this on other vehicles but if I park I can hear it turn on and off maybe twice in 5 mins ... I live in Alaska our highest temperature so far this year was 59°
2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma Software Anomalies 20240425_214146

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
I'm been having some software issues too
2024 Trd Off Road... About 3 times now I've gotten the rear seat belt icon stuck on the screen it could be there for 5 minutes or until I shut off the car... Nobody in the back seat...

On a side note I love the truck so far but the cooling fan seems to come on all the time is this normal it could be even 2 minutes after starting... I haven't experienced this on other vehicles but if I park I can hear it turn on and off maybe twice in 5 mins ... I live in Alaska our highest temperature so far this year was 59°
20240425_214146.jpg
think it was in this thrad as well somewhere.... we are all noticing the cooling fan cycle - it is odd and frequent.

Reactions: Kjc

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
Not saying this is a fix but so far it has worked after a few starts. I turned off everything on the left cluster except for the Tire Pressure Monitor and so far it has stayed. On the right I have EPG

edit….. cancel that. Just started up and now it just blank
Sponsored

Last edited: