Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Looks to be an SR from the leaf spring reared. Looks good, I wonder if you can get other wheel offsets to tuck the wheels in a little more.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
are these method wheels common amongst tacoma owners? Am I just new? i think this looks terrible.

I feel like the rims totally look out of place with the newer gen look.

Also, no lift? these wouldnt rub?

Holdntight

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
This is my 2024 Toyota Tacoma SR 4x4 with method 315 17x8.5 0 offset and falken wildpeak at4w in 285/70r17.

No lift, level or rubbing. I had to trim the front bumper, tuck the front liner back and also remove the brackets from the rear of the front fender liner to get rid of the rubbing.

The 0 offset is a much more aggressive stance than on the previous gen or 4Runners.

I am not the biggest fan of how much the wheels stick out. I think a +18 offset would be perfect. I just already had these wheels from my 4Runner.

I thought we had every 4G owner in existence on this forum already lol. @DonJenver when did you pick up this puppy? Planning to keep the Method wheels on there or just trying out the look from your 4runner?

OP
OP

DonJenver

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR 4x4
I thought we had every 4G owner in existence on this forum already lol. @DonJenver when did you pick up this puppy? Planning to keep the Method wheels on there or just trying out the look from your 4runner?
Bought it on 2/3. I will probably keep the wheels on for now

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Can you post a close up photo of the trimming you needed to do?

Holdntight

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
I think you're the first to have changed the wheels or done any actual mods.

Anything else planned? It'd be nice to see a build coming together

OP
OP

DonJenver

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR 4x4
I may do the westcott level once it comes out. These struts are 4 bolt like the new tundras, not 3 bolt like the previous gen. I tried to line up a tundra top strut level but it doesn’t fit.

I attached a photo and video of the brackets that need to be removed (only 3 bolts, super easy) and the cut I made to the front bumper. Basically I just moved the mount for the liner further up to tuck it away. You can see the bolt in the video of where I secured the liner

IMG_2747.jpeg

OP
OP

DonJenver

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR 4x4
Won’t let me upload video. I posted a YouTube short to my channel. Here’s a still shot from the video of where I cut with a dremel.

IMG_2752.jpeg

IMG_2753.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
I will be going positive offset on these trucks no doubt. Looks good enough but not good enough for me to run to be honest. Felt the same way with wescotts truck
Sponsored