2024 Tacoma towing capacity test vs. Ford Ranger

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Toyota basically said if you want to tow, buy a Tundra and that the Tacoma is more of a lifestyle truck. So I’m not sure it will match the Ranger on this front but who knows.

NateEhinger

First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Murano
Well, we have the answer. At least we have the answer with the base powertrain. I'm still wondering if the i-Force MAX will bring more towing than the Ranger and Colorado. I guess we have to wait until next year to find out.

WIdirtfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, ?2024 Tacoma?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Well, we have the answer. At least we have the answer with the base powertrain. I'm still wondering if the i-Force MAX will bring more towing than the Ranger and Colorado. I guess we have to wait until next year to find out.
The deep dive with the chief engineer answered why they didn't go after the numbers...and hybrid is actually less than the other 6500 vs 6000...basically said they didn't want the trade offs to make the higher number happen.... makes a lot of sense

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I just don't think a mid size truck is large enough or heavy enough to tow over about 5000lbs regardless of the rating. The tail starts wagging the dog...
Sponsored