Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
That threw me off a bit, it seems to have no options minus the JBL Audio. It was ny understanding that the bigger screen only came with the JBL audio package but at the same time I don't see any JBL Audio markings on the headunit like Toyota's done in the past šŸ˜–

Guess we'll have to wait and see lol
I bet they do they same as the tundra. There will be technology packages and a TRD Premium package that add softex and a few goodies. The bed lighting and bed plug, ect will be part of some sort of tow package.
Sponsored

Macjr67

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
I was at a central ny car dealership picking up my Rav4 work car lat week. I spoke to sales manager in charge of Tacoma ordering. He mentioned his factory/regional rep said OR may be offered in 2 door and it was being considered. Do I think this is gospel truth?, no but interesting to hear since that is the most preferable build for me. Iā€™m certainly not counting on it!

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I was at a central ny car dealership picking up my Rav4 work car lat week. I spoke to sales manager in charge of Tacoma ordering. He mentioned his factory/regional rep said OR may be offered in 2 door and it was being considered. Do I think this is gospel truth?, no but interesting to hear since that is the most preferable build for me. Iā€™m certainly not counting on it!
Perhaps in the coming years, but not right away. They would have announced it already.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Perhaps in the coming years, but not right away. They would have announced it already.
I wouldn't be so certain that a 2-door Xtracab 6-foot bed version for the OR isn't available from the get go. The current 2023 OR has the access cab +6-foot bed for a total length of 212.3 inches. If Toyota only offer the OR as a double cab + 6-foot bed, then the overall length will be 225.5 inches, with a 13 inch longer wheelbase too, that probably won't endear them to the off road community.

However, the main issue with this is Toyota at launch stated customer feedback was that the new Taco must fit in a garage. It was described as either the most important, or one of the most important customer requirements, I forget the exact phrasing. A common garage length in modern homes is 19 feet or 228 inches, leaving a difference of only 2.5 inches for space, split between the front and rear of the Taco. That's way too tight, especially if any mods add to the length. If you haven't guessed yet I too have a 19 foot garage so the issue is near and dear to me.

The OR is the high runner for Toyota so excluding a potentially large chunk of the market for the OR because it won't fit in a garage doesn't seem a smart move.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I wouldn't be so certain that a 2-door Xtracab 6-foot bed version for the OR isn't available from the get go. The current 2023 OR has the access cab +6-foot bed for a total length of 212.3 inches. If Toyota only offer the OR as a double cab + 6-foot bed, then the overall length will be 225.5 inches, with a 13 inch longer wheelbase too, that probably won't endear them to the off road community.

However, the main issue with this is Toyota at launch stated customer feedback was that the new Taco must fit in a garage. It was described as either the most important, or one of the most important customer requirements, I forget the exact phrasing. A common garage length in modern homes is 19 feet or 228 inches, leaving a difference of only 2.5 inches for space, split between the front and rear of the Taco. That's way too tight, especially if any mods add to the length. If you haven't guessed yet I too have a 19 foot garage so the issue is near and dear to me.

The OR is the high runner for Toyota so excluding a potentially large chunk of the market for the OR because it won't fit in a garage doesn't seem a smart move.
I am 100% certain because its 100% confirmed there is only the double cab for the OR model. You can get a 5 foot bed or 6 foot bed. If you want the Xtracab, you get leaf springs and 2wd. The Xtracab long bed 4x4 is gone because they dont sell very well.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
As a reminder, what we are commenting on is feedback that Toyota may be considering an OR 2-door, so not something that is likely to have been documented publicly. My comment outlined why they may be doing so.

A week ago you speculated, based on the language you used that -
Today you're saying -
I am 100% certain because its 100% confirmed there is only the double cab for the OR model. You can get a 5 foot bed or 6 foot bed .... The Xtracab long bed 4x4 is gone because they dont sell very well.
So what changed in the meantime because those aren't the same statements? Also do you have a source for both a 5' and 6' bed being supported on the OR, even if only on a double cab, because I don't see any mention in the launch materials or on the website currently, where every other model that has the option seems to list it?

2024 Tacoma 2024 Tacoma TRD OFF-ROAD 6-Speed Manual live pics (interior & exterior) in Bronze Oxide Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 8.53.31ā€ÆAM

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
As a reminder, what we are commenting on is feedback that Toyota may be considering an OR 2-door, so not something that is likely to have been documented publicly. My comment outlined why they may be doing so.

A week ago you speculated, based on the language you used that -

Today you're saying -

So what changed in the meantime because those aren't the same statements? Also do you have a source for both a 5' and 6' bed being supported on the OR, even if only on a double cab, because I don't see any mention in the launch materials or on the website currently, where every other model that has the option seems to list it?
Nothing changed at all. You said "I wouldn't be so certain that a 2-door Xtracab 6-foot bed version for the OR isn't available from the get go. " The get go refers to the launch of this new truck, and I am quite confident its not happening from the get go. The chief engineer specifically speaks in multiple videos about it not happening.

"Perhaps in the coming years, but not right away. They would have announced it already." Means just like it reads. Its not coming right away.

Speculating about it possibly coming in the future and saying its definitely not available at launch is pretty straightforward.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Do you have a source for this claim? Iā€™m asking not to be combative, but because a 4x4 SR Xtra Cab is precisely the configuration Iā€™m interested in.
He's making that comment in the context of the TRD Off Road variant because we're in a thread on that topic. The Toyota website shows both SR and SR supporting XtraCab with 6-ft bed. Scroll to the bottom of this page to confirm https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/tacoma/

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Do you have a source for this claim? Iā€™m asking not to be combative, but because a 4x4 SR Xtra Cab is precisely the configuration Iā€™m interested in.
Yes, the chief engineer of the 2024 Tacoma
Sponsored