Sponsored

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
At one point in the video he mentions cameras views under the truck. This is the first I have heard of that, but I haven't really seen a comprehensive walkthrough of the camera views from indside the truck, so who knows...

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Would be nice to know how tall this reviewer is for reference with him sitting in the back seat?

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Waiting for someone to do a deep dive on the inverter for these top trims and actually test it/drain the iForce pack with the engine off / get something definitive about a possible ā€˜generator modeā€™ that kicks the engine on to charge the batteryā€¦

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
Waiting for someone to do a deep dive on the inverter for these top trims and actually test it/drain the iForce pack with the engine off / get something definitive about a possible ā€˜generator modeā€™ that kicks the engine on to charge the batteryā€¦
I attempted to find out some of that info at the Mountain West event but Toyotas reps didnā€™t really know anything the overland crowd would want to know. Itā€™s a good way to present the truck but they should have educated their reps a lot more.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
Would be nice to know how tall this reviewer is for reference with him sitting in the back seat?
Heā€™s not particularly short (like Tim Esterdahl) or tall (like TFLs AndrĆ©). I asked on his instagram.

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
I attempted to find out some of that info at the Mountain West event but Toyotas reps didnā€™t really know anything the overland crowd would want to know. Itā€™s a good way to present the truck but they should have educated their reps a lot more.
It was the same at the Detroit Auto Show. They had a couple reps, but they didnā€™t know anything about the Tacoma Off Rosd that was on display.

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
I wonder if this Tacoma OR will fit , 295/70r17, 305/65r18s, or even 295/70r18s with a few inches of lift. I really like the truck and this video was excellent! I'm not sure I dig the extended wheel base just yet, but I think I can get used to it.

Mrknowitall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Silverado, 14 JKUR
I wonder if this Tacoma OR will fit , 295/70r17, 305/65r18s, or even 295/70r18s with a few inches of lift. I really like the truck and this video was excellent! I'm not sure I dig the extended wheel base just yet, but I think I can get used to it.
What size tires were on that lifted SR5? I thought there was talk of a 33ā€ option for the OR.

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
What size tires were on that lifted SR5? I thought there was talk of a 33ā€ option for the OR.
275/70r18 (33.2"). 275 is pretty narrow (skinny) and will be an easier fit. I think a 305/65r18 might just work, but I'm also not sure I want an 18" wheel. I am definitely going to get Fuel wheels with a -12mm offset.

There is a 33" option, but it's an actual 32.6 and a 265 width. So, I assume my preferred tire sizes will work, but it might be close and possibly rub.

Geotoxic

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma TRD Pro
I thought on board air compressor is only for the TH trim. Dude didn't even show it when he was talking about it. 2nd video shows under the lid to have no air compressor.

cuechairo

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(TBD) 2024 Tacoma TRD OR
I thought on board air compressor is only for the TH trim. Dude didn't even show it when he was talking about it. 2nd video shows under the lid to have no air compressor.
It's probably just a simple plug-in that can be added at the dealer or purchased separately
Sponsored