TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
what cover is t
Nice. My son got his taco last 2 weeks ago. Tires are not on the list but a leveling lift kit (if I can find one) and tinting the windows are the last two things to do.

He is in the sheet metal union so he needed a locking hard cover. Turned out great.

1711217285202.jpeg
1711217285202.jpeg
What cover is this?
Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I tried to post a link but I guess it is probably against the rules.
On amazon.
Syneticusa Retractable Hard Tonneau Cover
I think you're going to get bombarded with questions on this since we're all looking for covers. Was this hard to install? Did you have to modify it to make it fit? Which one did you get, the manual retract, auto retract or power? Also, how much bed space do you loose with the mechanism?

OP
OP
LossNFound

LossNFound

First Name
Vue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma OF
I’m waiting for the KO3s to be more readily available and I’m going to upgrade the OEM tires on the TRD Sport I have on order.

Your setup looks pretty cool. I might do something similar and use the OEM rims for winter tires.

What did you do with your spare?
Spare was not changed.
Did you notice a big difference in the ride?

What size were the OEM tires?
OEM were 265/70/17.
I like the wider tire. The steering wheel doesn’t feel as soft and these tires absorb road bumps much better. I think going to a 6ply might create more of a heavier feeling but I don’t want to add too much weight.
MPG has slightly taken a hit. I haven’t driven it much since the new setup but looks to be about .5-.8 mpg loss. I was getting high 17-18 mpg on the first tank. On my second fill up and looks to be right around 17.
Increased “humming”/road noise but not bad.

njcowboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I think you're going to get bombarded with questions on this since we're all looking for covers. Was this hard to install? Did you have to modify it to make it fit? Which one did you get, the manual retract, auto retract or power? Also, how much bed space do you loose with the mechanism?
I am a Computer network Engineer by trade, but have some basic skills in the garage.

We went with the auto retracting system. I felt that if it was a manual retract and you slid it from the side that it would bind.

No modifications to the kit to make it fit. This was confirmed from the manufacturer before it was ordered. They were quick to respond and very helpful.

The directions were a little less than desired as it left room for interpretation on how to connect the cover system to the factory bed rail system. It ended up taking us about 3 hours but my son was persistent that 1/16 off center or square was not acceptable.

The installation can look deceiving. the bed cover is square, but the bed outside edge of the bed is tapered from front to back so visually it looks fubar from the eye but once installed it blends in well so I don't see people focusing on it and scratching their head.

We still have not installed the drain tubes for the cover. This WILL require drilling 2 half inch holes in the metal of the bed where there used to bed a plastic type oval grommet on the 3G model.

I think the engineer drawings of the cover is on their site. If I had to guess the head space lost from the storage area is probably 8"x8" by the width of the bed.

Hopefully this helps answer most questions.

NHTaco

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 TRD Sport Pr / prior '19 & '21 Tacoma Limited
Hi Tacoma4g,

New to Tacos. Truckless for the last two years, last one was a 16’ Tundra DC Pro. I’m enjoying the new Taco but I wanted to give it more presence.

Just got back from Discount Tires and wanted to share my new wheel/tire setup. Required no modifications or removal of any OEM parts

2024 Toyota Tacoma Offroad w/ 5’ bed
- completely stock suspension
- no cutting or crash bar removal

Tires: 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT3
- standard load, not 6, 8, or 10 ply

Wheels: 17x8.5” Method MR305 NV Black
- +25 offset

Enjoy!

IMG_5735.jpeg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5738.jpeg

IMG_5737.jpeg

IMG_5739.jpeg

IMG_5741.jpeg

IMG_5730.jpeg
Looks great. What did you do for TPMS sensors? Did you have to get special lugs for the Method wheels? Thanks.

24 Taco

First Name
Lambert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Off Rad
Hi Tacoma4g,

New to Tacos. Truckless for the last two years, last one was a 16’ Tundra DC Pro. I’m enjoying the new Taco but I wanted to give it more presence.

Just got back from Discount Tires and wanted to share my new wheel/tire setup. Required no modifications or removal of any OEM parts

2024 Toyota Tacoma Offroad w/ 5’ bed
- completely stock suspension
- no cutting or crash bar removal

Tires: 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT3
- standard load, not 6, 8, or 10 ply

Wheels: 17x8.5” Method MR305 NV Black
- +25 offset

Enjoy!

IMG_5735.jpeg

IMG_5736.jpg

IMG_5738.jpeg

IMG_5737.jpeg