Sponsored

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Exsactly the look I want on my trd off road thats coming in next few weeks. Let us know how the first few test drives go, if there is any rubbing with certain turn angles over any bumps or obstacles.

nicholo85

First Name
nicholo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma
Can't wait to get mine, but will probably go with falken wild peaks at3's for the improved performance on snow. The BFG's look super nice though!

OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
Nope, going with K02's like on my 2016 SR...
Hopefully you won't mind me asking this, but why buy the Sport model and set it up like an off road truck, when it doesn't have a rear locker, crawl control, downhill assist, etc. like the Off Road model has?

Reactions: oxi

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT
Hopefully you won't mind me asking this, but why buy the Sport model and set it up like an off road truck, when it doesn't have a rear locker, crawl control, downhill assist, etc. like the Off Road model has?

My main requirements with this new 4G were, manual transmission and multi-link coiled rear.

Only the off-road and sport were in the running. I chose sport because I spend practically all of my time on pavement. Now if I had an x-runner type Tacoma, I would seek street performance tires, but the TRD Sport is still a 4x4 Tacoma.

With that, I will equip the sport like I have with all of my other 4x4 Tacoma's with BFG KO2's (KO's and mud-terrain in the past) because the KO2's are suburb tires that can handle Wisconsin winters and most challenges. They are super sticky on the street, but I love how they handle in very cold weather.

The TRD Sport is still a 4x4, with the same stance as the off-road. Most important mod is and always has been the tires.

Note: I have not driven my 2016 SR this past winter nor the previous because my 22 Corolla SE equipped with WS-90's on 15-inch steelies have handled the winter snow and ice conditions. As long as there is no more than 5 inches of snow in the morning when I leave for work, I will drive the Corolla.

So, with KO2's and 4.30 gears, the sport will rock. My SR 4x4 6-speed auto currently has 4.30 gears, so I know how these tires will be handled. My days of off-roading are in my past with such a new truck. But I still demand the stance of a Tacoma 4x4 even on the street because we can get nasty winters up here, plus flash flooding and mostly debris from severe storms littered everywhere. My Corolla can only handle so much, so the Tacoma fits the rest.

Thanks for asking.

oxi

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport 6MT

Now, if the new 4G had an x-runner version, it would be like my old 05 x-runner.

That was my street setup (wet weather for the track), BFG KDW2's and my road course tires in the bed, BFG R1's. Wicked fun and fast truck, I could top out at 130 on Road America going into turn 12.

Then the flip side for me was my old 86 Toyota running 35 BFG mud terrain. Fun truck but painful on the back.

2024 Tacoma 285/70/17 tires (BFG All-Terrain T/A) on stock wheels, no poke, no trim, no cab mount removal (2024 TRD Off-Road) DSCN1761.JPG

2024 Tacoma 285/70/17 tires (BFG All-Terrain T/A) on stock wheels, no poke, no trim, no cab mount removal (2024 TRD Off-Road) ScannedImage-14

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
My main requirements with this new 4G were, manual transmission and multi-link coiled rear.

Only the off-road and sport were in the running. I chose sport because I spend practically all of my time on pavement. Now if I had an x-runner type Tacoma, I would seek street performance tires, but the TRD Sport is still a 4x4 Tacoma.

With that, I will equip the sport like I have with all of my other 4x4 Tacoma's with BFG KO2's (KO's and mud-terrain in the past) because the KO2's are suburb tires that can handle Wisconsin winters and most challenges. They are super sticky on the street, but I love how they handle in very cold weather.

The TRD Sport is still a 4x4, with the same stance as the off-road. Most important mod is and always has been the tires.

Note: I have not driven my 2016 SR this past winter nor the previous because my 22 Corolla SE equipped with WS-90's on 15-inch steelies have handled the winter snow and ice conditions. As long as there is no more than 5 inches of snow in the morning when I leave for work, I will drive the Corolla.

So, with KO2's and 4.30 gears, the sport will rock. My SR 4x4 6-speed auto currently has 4.30 gears, so I know how these tires will be handled. My days of off-roading are in my past with such a new truck. But I still demand the stance of a Tacoma 4x4 even on the street because we can get nasty winters up here, plus flash flooding and mostly debris from severe storms littered everywhere. My Corolla can only handle so much, so the Tacoma fits the rest.

Thanks for asking.
I would do the same... still might. I still have an allocation for a Sport and an Offroad. Probably go Off Road, but something about the dealer just isn't feeling right. Probably wrong. The Sport is coming a few weeks later. Anyway, the Sport is still a 4x4 and to be honest the vast majority of us will never need a locker or crawl control because we won't take a 50k+ vehicle over rocks, etc.. I mostly need 4x4 for winter time and muddy back roads. That being said, it's fun to have them :)

underground.trd

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
285/70/17 tires on stock wheels, no poke, no trim, no cab mount removal.

285-70-17 tires stock factory wheels 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road  3.jpg

285-70-17 tires stock factory wheels 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road  2.jpg

285-70-17 tires stock factory wheels 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road  1.jpg

Thank you for sharing Craig. I'm running the same KO2 tire set up on my 2024 TRD Off-Road too. 285/70 R17 and I can also confirm no rubbing or need to do additional work to upgrade to the larger tire size. I do slightly feel the weight of the KO2s in the steering wheel but the Baja champs are definitely a softer ride and no louder than the stock BFGs.

I think it really brings the look of the truck together =)

2024 Tacoma 285/70/17 tires (BFG All-Terrain T/A) on stock wheels, no poke, no trim, no cab mount removal (2024 TRD Off-Road) 1708559221106
2024 Tacoma 285/70/17 tires (BFG All-Terrain T/A) on stock wheels, no poke, no trim, no cab mount removal (2024 TRD Off-Road) 1708559236334

OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
Thank you for sharing Craig. I'm running the same KO2 tire set up on my 2024 TRD Off-Road too. 285/70 R17 and I can also confirm no rubbing or need to do additional work to upgrade to the larger tire size. I do slightly feel the weight of the KO2s in the steering wheel but the Baja champs are definitely a softer ride and no louder than the stock BFGs.

I think it really brings the look of the truck together =)

1708559221106.jpeg
Hell yeah!, your truck looks amazing :cool:

Newtacointown

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Has anyone gone 285-75-17 on the new Tacoma yet stock or would this require a lift?

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Has anyone gone 285-75-17 on the new Tacoma yet stock or would this require a lift?
This is the ultimate question to me as that’s what I ran on my 3rd gen. I know for a damn fact these trucks will take it WAY better than my 3rd gen did. Since when has a Tacoma come out rocking 33s in stock form! 35s is probably so easily done on these with a positive offset. 34s should have no issue on a 2.5 inch lift

2024 Tacoma 285/70/17 tires (BFG All-Terrain T/A) on stock wheels, no poke, no trim, no cab mount removal (2024 TRD Off-Road) IMG_0275

OP
OP
Visa_Declined

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
This is a 285/75/17 but it's not my truck. The owner on FB said they do not rub, but you'd be taking his word for it.

Personally, I think 285/75's look too big for the wheel well of a stock height 4th gen. Hell, even my 285/70's are pushing it IMO.
Sponsored