Sponsored

4k miles: Grille shutter, Drive start control, check engine light, system malfunction

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Mine so far has lasted little longer. Also found the sensor from a video posted. Made sure was clipped in all the way
Is it this sensor and can you provide us with the link to the video?

Ambiant Temp Sensor.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
I have not. They told me they ordered the part and are waiting for it to come in. @Jabstep .

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
I have not. They told me they ordered the part and are waiting for it to come in. @Jabstep .
That sucks. At least they gave you a loner. Did you have to fight for it or was it an easy process? I need to drop mine off to but with my work commute being 30km everyday on the highway I'm really hoping they have loner to give.

I'm going to haul the connector off today and spray some electrical cleaner in first and see if the issue clears up for me, I'd do dielectric grease like someone above mentioned as well but I don't want to chance my warranty going out the window because I fiddled with it.

OP
OP

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
That sucks. At least they gave you a loner. Did you have to fight for it or was it an easy process? I need to drop mine off to but with my work commute being 30km everyday on the highway I'm really hoping they have loner to give.

I'm going to haul the connector off today and spray some electrical cleaner in first and see if the issue clears up for me, I'd do dielectric grease like someone above mentioned as well but I don't want to chance my warranty going out the window because I fiddled with it.
They enthusiastically offered it to me. They only have a few loaners that are first come first serve. I think Toyota corporate might reimburse $35 a day if there are no loaners available.

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Disconnected the battery, lasted for about 30 minutes before it popped on.

Called the dealer to get the truck in, they're closed the weekend. They are refusing to give me a loner vehicle until they can run their tests to verify it's not a day job, I told them I'll loose a days pay on Friday just to get the truck in, nope they're closed Friday too.

Best they could do was the 13th, I asked who was liable if I continue driving until the 13th and something really goes bad because they refused to give me a loner car so I can get the $60,000 truck I just bought, in to get it looked at.

I'm fuming from the ears, even if it is a day job, would it kill to give me a loner for a day?

Anyways, heading out now to try and do the repairs myself. Fuck em.

OP
OP

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road

Called the dealer to get the truck in, they're closed the weekend. They are refusing to give me a loner vehicle until they can run their tests to verify it's not a day job, I told them I'll loose a days pay on Friday just to get the truck in, nope they're closed Friday too.

Best they could do was the 13th, I asked who was liable if I continue driving until the 13th and something really goes bad because they refused to give me a loner car so I can get the $60,000 truck I just bought, in to get it looked at.

I'm fuming from the ears, even if it is a day job, would it kill to give me a loner for a day?

I'd call Toyota corporate or try to get into another dealership.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i

I think you’re gonna need a new shutter assembly. Mine has been on order for 2 weeks and counting. I'm told there are none available currently. I had a rental for 3 days while they did diags. When they told me the part was on order and could be weeks I turned the rental in and have been driving mine. Not gonna let it sit on their lot for weeks and get beat to shit with door dings and possible hail.

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Ya I haven't even bothered to take mine in yet. Exactly the situation I am expecting

Type2Diabetes

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR - Silver
I did not. They said they would call corporate today to get an eta on the parts they ordered a week ago
Just tell them you have a sizable social media presence on YouTube, and you’re contemplating making a docuseries about the issue and the suspected wait times, you’ll get the part in 3 days.

Jabstep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
That's ridiculous. They are currently building trucks in Mexico and I'm sure those require shutter assembly. It shouldn't take a week + to resolve an issue for a truck that cost 50k, under warranty and less 3 months old.
Sponsored