Sponsored

Anyone in Canada getting any dealer updates?

Elknut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My gas OR premium (deposit January) just arrived and getting a few options installed, pickup Tuesday. I asked what the wait time for hybrids are and with allocation of 10 hybrids per dealership. Seems almost all allocations have deposits from last fall so any new orders are closer to a year wait, have to see what reality will be. Supply chain, transport and potentially QC holds aren't factored in, sales guys will always be optimistic.
Sponsored

Greatisland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 tacoma
My dealer in Victoria BC said they were only allocated 13 for the year and I didn't make the cut off so I'm picking up a gas for now then I'll swap up to a hybrid in a few years potentially

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I received a call from my dealer that my Sport Premium is ready to pick up on Tuesday. FYI, several accessories were not yet available from Toyota including rear bumper step, tailgate insert badge, bed cleat, cargo net. Dashcam and premium block heater are available. That’s fine by me, the missing bits are very minor and can be bought later. I’m just happy to get delivery after waiting since June.
When you say "Bed Cleats" do you mean the ones that slide into the box rail? My Canadian Sport+ came with 4 of them in a bag under the rear seat.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
And no bed mats available yet...I have a rain check for one if they ever become available.

John Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Picked up a TRD Off Road 6M yesterday - it feels like a 2002 manual Hilux but drives like a 2024 modern vehicle. Thanks Toyota :)

Last edited:

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
When you say "Bed Cleats" do you mean the ones that slide into the box rail? My Canadian Sport+ came with 4 of them in a bag under the rear seat.
Yes, I had ordered a few extra. Thanks for sharing that 4 were included with the truck, I had trouble getting the dealer to confirm that and I will look under the seat first thing!

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
All,
Pleased to share that I picked up my Sport Premium underground on Tuesday from Dealer in Edmonton 11 months after my deposit. Sorry for the long post, but here are my impressions after 1140 km (120 litres fuel) in 2 days:
- dealer and Toyota did a good job as truck delivered without any important missing parts(except trailer ball) or issues. The dashcam took a while to configure (by dealer) but seems to work fine. I need to spend some time with it.
- the truck looks great with underground color and running boards and 6’bed. I am very happy with my choices.
- seats are nice after 10+ hours of driving, better than my Mazda cx5. At 6’2” I have about 1.5 to 2” of headroom with moonroof depending on seat position. Back seats are small but my dogs won’t likely complain.
- love the tech bells and whistles, the mid provides lots of options for config and the large display also works well. It is not too big.
- the ride is good, not too firm or soft. The power is more than plenty (or than expected) for my own use. Personally, the engine sound is great and the turbo windup is not an issue. I have real trouble staying below speed limits 😬
- I am getting about 10.5 L/100km on average so far. I haven’t been diligent in that calc but it is +/- 10%. This was mostly highway. In the city it is a bit of a pig but I was having fun so was 15+ in city
- only negative issue so far is the front radar has been blocked twice due to icey snow buildup. System resets ok if I pull over and wipe off the radar sensor in the center above bumper. No issues in rain only. I pressure washed the grill today and no issues so far as others have experienced.
- I love the camera options. I was hauling a bunch of stuff and could easily watch the bed. Parking in small spots is much easier with the cameras.
- the stereo is”ok” but not fantastic and does not go very loud. Probably ok for me but I can understand if others feel it is not enough (I’m older than some!)
- it took a few hours of driving to understand the lane assist and adaptive cruise settings but I have it figured now and it works well. It’s a bit annoying that lane assist insists that you constantly tweak/grip the wheel to keep it going but I got used to it.
- I purchased the 7 yr warranty (+4 years). The dealer would not negotiate on price BUT the Toyota Canada warranty includes the first 3 years service of circa 2200$ ( excl oil changes that the dealer gives for free for loyalty) which means it is about +800$cad for +2 yrs and +1500$cad for +4 yrs for just the warranty if you follow through with the services. That was ok by me.
- BOTTOM LINE: I love the truck and it is better than I hoped it would be..

I have another 4 hour drive to get home and can then spend some time playing with all the settings.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Got any good pics to share? Sounds like a great purchase for you! Though you mention a CX-5, your vehicle I notice is an F150. How does the Taco compare to that can I ask? A much loved (& shouldn’t have sold) F150 is still my gold standard for all other vehicle comparisons.

OP
OP
Kielly

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
From this angle your truck seems to be the same size as the Tundra next to it. LOL.
These mid sized trucks are hilariously big these days. I park mine next to my coworkers F150 everyday and it's literally the same height on the hood and roof, mine's just a little shorter from rear to front and his is a litter wider.

For comparison, here's my mother's fiance's beater Colorado early 2000s next to mine.
2024 Tacoma Anyone in Canada getting any dealer updates? 1000003990

Taco4ever

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
These mid sized trucks are hilariously big these days. I park mine next to my coworkers F150 everyday and it's literally the same height on the hood and roof, mine's just a little shorter from rear to front and his is a litter wider.

For comparison, here's my mother's fiance's beater Colorado early 2000s next to mine.
1000003990.jpg
Trucks now a days are bigger and much better! Im only 5'6 and if I stand next to my tacoma it feels like a full size truck. For me the full size trucks are monster trucks! LOL...

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
2024 Tacoma Anyone in Canada getting any dealer updates? IMG_5249
2024 Tacoma Anyone in Canada getting any dealer updates? IMG_6302
Got any good pics to share? Sounds like a great purchase for you! Though you mention a CX-5, your vehicle I notice is an F150. How does the Taco compare to that can I ask?
here is a photo of each of my trucks

My F-150 is a great work truck but as a 2009 regular cab without almost any options, it’s really hard to compare. Still has roll up windows! That F150 is smaller than current F150 generations but not too far off from current medium sized trucks. It is solid but does not drive the same as the Taco in multiple ways. In fairness, I will use the Taco for different purposes than the F150 (longer drives, lower work duty).

Meow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4 Avant
Mine arrived a few days ago.
Never owned a truck before.
Its been an absolute blast so far!
Glad others are showing up.
2024 Tacoma Anyone in Canada getting any dealer updates? 20240430_182956
Sponsored