Carista OBD2

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road
I see a lot of posts about the OBD2. What are some other practical things you can do besides disable the seat belt chimes?
Sponsored

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
The video above goes over it well. The things I've seen talked about most are disabling the fake engine noise, disabling active noise canceling, and turning on the window control with the fob.

Though this is not possible via this device, I've wondered if MTM can be enabled for those who only have the PVM (like the limited trim). It would be nice to get those off-road specific views. Specifically the "under the vehicle" one.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The video above goes over it well. The things I've seen talked about most are disabling the fake engine noise, disabling active noise canceling, and turning on the window control with the fob.

Though this is not possible via this device, I've wondered if MTM can be enabled for those who only have the PVM (like the limited trim). It would be nice to get those off-road specific views. Specifically the "under the vehicle" one.
What is the active noise cancelling option for?

Sponsored

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I used it. Turned off those annoying seat belt chimes. I always wear mine, but sometimes if I'm just moving the truck the alarm was just too aggressive. Turned on the window/moonroof opening with the fob, turned off fake engine noise, turned up microphone sensitivity. Maybe a few other things, I don't remember, but it's really easy.

OP
OP

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used it. Turned off those annoying seat belt chimes. I always wear mine, but sometimes if I'm just moving the truck the alarm was just too aggressive. Turned on the window/moonroof opening with the fob, turned off fake engine noise, turned up microphone sensitivity. Maybe a few other things, I don't remember, but it's really easy.
I've been messing with it. Pretty much just turned off the chimes. Would like to know what the microphone settings are about

Garrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Is it possible to disable the inability to go into reverse with a door open? This one is driving me crazy when I need to move the truck a feet and don't want to shut the door. Didn't realize how I often I did this until I bought a truck that didn't allow me to.

OP
OP

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watch the above video to see what the options are. You might have to pause it here and there.
I found a lot of stuff in the settings part of the "steering wheel" controls that helped me. I think I've got everything out of the Carista that I can.

Sponsored