Sponsored

Credit Card Key comes with 2024 TRD Off-Road?

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
My didn't and my sales rep didn't have it. I got mine straight off the transport 18 wheeler.
Beats me. You were there when it was delivered? We've found the card in one of three places: glovebox, center console and seat pocket. We've never seen one without it, but we also don't have documentation from Toyota as to which ones should and should not have it so it would be very difficult to make a warranty claim if one was missing.

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
Beats me. You were there when it was delivered? We've found the card in one of three places: glovebox, center console and seat pocket. We've never seen one without it, but we also don't have documentation from Toyota as to which ones should and should not have it so it would be very difficult to make a warranty claim if one was missing.
I was there a few hours after it was delivered. I checked those 3 places.

TIMFERRELL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Thanks to these posts, I insisted that mine should have one, sales people were clueless. Finally someone found it upstairs in another office. Dealers are so annoying: four hours just to pick up one I had reserved. Keycard is handy. I had some upgrade package.

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
I was there a few hours after it was delivered. I checked those 3 places.
Whelp... one of two things:

1. If yours did not have the Off-Road Upgrade package (option code OU), then it is possible that this truck does not include the key card. I've never seen one that didn't have it but it is possible. Like I said, Toyota hasn't told us specifically which models or packages are supposed to come with it. I am 100% positive that the OU and OF package include it and it is included even in an SR model with package LL so the idea of an Off-Road not including it seems slim but possible.

2. The other possibility is that the person who checked in the truck lost it. Without specific info from Toyota on which models have it, it will be extremely difficult to show that yours is missing.

Reactions: JED

Trainer Steve Clifford

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 RAV4 XSE
Thanks to these posts, I insisted that mine should have one, sales people were clueless. Finally someone found it upstairs in another office. Dealers are so annoying: four hours just to pick up one I had reserved. Keycard is handy. I had some upgrade package.
Good! not good that it took all of this but at least you got it. I wish that were not typical but I fear that it is.

lb272

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MT Forester
Sounds like we've tentatively established that no upgrade package(s) = no wallet key. I'll hold off on hounding my dealer until I hear otherwise.

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
I just played on the Toyota Tacoma build website...both the upgrade and premium packages list "digital key" capability" for the SR, Sport, and Off Road. Not sure how this helps but...

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I just played on the Toyota Tacoma build website...both the upgrade and premium packages list "digital key" capability" for the SR, Sport, and Off Road. Not sure how this helps but...
Now to find out the cost to purchase

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
Quick question I’m at the dealers right now and they’re telling me that my Trd off-road doesn’t come with a credit card key. Just need to confirm.
My salesman said no.

Then he handed me an envelope with the 2nd fob and I pulled out the card and showed him. He hated to admit he was wrong.

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
My salesman said no.

Then he handed me an envelope with the 2nd fob and I pulled out the card and showed him. He hated to admit he was wrong.
Premium model?

n118nw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Taco OR Premium
Premium model?
Correct. Not sure who put it in an envelope, at first I asked if it was a wad of cash. My guess is he just never looked inside it and whoever put it in there didn't pass the word on.

Reactions: JED
OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Correct. Not sure who put it in an envelope, at first I asked if it was a wad of cash. My guess is he just never looked inside it and whoever put it in there didn't pass the word on.
So it appears the card only comes with the premium models

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I got one and I love it, the dealer didn't know it came with one until they opened the package with the other keys in it. I had to explain it to them and show them it even has a physical key in it.
Is your Taco a premium model?

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport

1. If yours did not have the Off-Road Upgrade package (option code OU), then it is possible that this truck does not include the key card. I've never seen one that didn't have it but it is possible. Like I said, Toyota hasn't told us specifically which models or packages are supposed to come with it. I am 100% positive that the OU and OF package include it and it is included even in an SR model with package LL so the idea of an Off-Road not including it seems slim but possible.

2. The other possibility is that the person who checked in the truck lost it. Without specific info from Toyota on which models have it, it will be extremely difficult to show that yours is missing.

Asked the question at the local dealership and they believe all of models premium or non premium have them. The key card is $350 + program per parts counter. I’ll go another round with my salesman.
Sponsored