2023 Tundra
Last edited:

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This shit is exhausting lol

1. The premium doesn’t have cloth lol. Stop reading pre production notes that aren’t even finished yet. It’s wrong and has been stated many times.

2. Not everyone want a a bigger truck with LESS features… you realize you don’t have to get the Tacoma with every single feature? Lol

3. this price includes taxes and is OTD…

4. did you know a top trim civic costs more than a base accord? This is not new…every single car in the game can have packages added to make the cost higher than the next model up. You don’t get all the features though…

did you know a ranger lariat costs more than a f150 xl?!?! SHOCKER!

5. there are countless threads just like this. Not sure what a duplicate does instead of joining the conversation there.

Tsturbo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Tacoma Limited
Y’all freaking out over pricing. MSRP has been released, just find a dealer who sells at MSRP with NO add on’s. I have at least 6 dealers within 100 miles of me that do this. Some of you just love to moan and groan rather than putting in some effort to find the right dealers. You would hate to work for me as I don’t put up with this type of attitude or work ethic. Grow up🤷

OP
OP

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tundra
I was wrong, Smartpath includes TT&L. Hopefully I’m wrong about premium package not showing leather in description as well.

Flyfish007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer St
2. Not everyone want a a bigger truck with LESS features… you realize you don’t have to get the Tacoma with every single feature? Lol
I love when people say " for $$$ you might as well get a full size." lol

Manny991220

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2018 SR5
Wait the premium package has leather but not the upgraded package I think we have known that

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Dealers still think people can make 1000$ month payments or be married to a car for 8 years.
Data doesn’t lie, people are paying through the nose.
As of 2023, the average monthly car payment in the United States for new vehicles is around $725 to $729, and for used vehicles, it’s approximately $516 to $528. This represents a significant year-over-year increase, particularly for new vehicles. The average auto loan term is around 68.26 months for new cars and 67.57 months for used cars.

It’s even higher for trucks. And then there’s the cohort who think* they can pay that and then unfortunately go into default. The dealer doesn’t form opinions about the term and payment, they’re just passing on the cost of capital to the unit buyer.

get a whole-life/universal life insurance policy that allows you take out a loan against the policy; with a high fed funds rate, the loan collateral and terms to pay back are advantageous vs dealing with a bank or credit union. You don’t get taxed on the loan collateral, zero hit to your credit. Better than depleting your IRA/ROTH

Last edited:

tswift

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Sort of. People are signing up to be paying the highest monthlies ever, but considering a couple months back we hit the highest percentage of people missing their car payments in history, these prices have proved untenable for most people.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Sort of. People are signing up to be paying the highest monthlies ever, but considering a couple months back we hit the highest percentage of people missing their car payments in history, these prices have proved untenable for most people.
We could assume then demand would drop off but it hasn’t…yet. For next year models I personally don’t see MSRP cuts. A lot of people think disinflation means lower prices. Toyota definitely not gonna lose money stamping new Tacos…. Lower interest rates will help with the cost to finance, but yea get used to sticker shock. The days of zerp are over. Pay cash or alternate creative financing if you can

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
No leather....Softex is the material. Like leather but not.

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD
Y’all freaking out over pricing. MSRP has been released, just find a dealer who sells at MSRP with NO add on’s. I have at least 6 dealers within 100 miles of me that do this. Some of you just love to moan and groan rather than putting in some effort to find the right dealers. You would hate to work for me as I don’t put up with this type of attitude or work ethic. Grow up🤷
Not everyone lives in an area which has lots of dealers. In Alaska we have two dealers (in an area 2/5 the size of the lower 48 states) and both are owned by Kendall. Can you say monopoly?

I contacted two dealers in Seattle which is about a 1700 mile drive and they will sell at MSRP to Washington residents only. Same with the dealers in Idaho. I’m not sure why they care where the truck is going?

Anyone up here who complains about an $11,000 markup seems justified to me.
Edited. First 2024 showed up in pending dealer inventory. 24 TDR OR 5’ bed, sunroof. Hopefully description is wrong and Premium includes leather. Poster below pointed out Smartpath kncludes TY&L, so hopefully would be closer to 52k. https://smartpath.toyota.com/invent...dealerCd=41063&vin=3TYLB5JN6RT03A993&type=new

IMG_4004.png

IMG_4005.png
There are a couple being posted on cars.com already. You have a choice between a $5000 or $10,000 markup depending which dealer you choose.

I put some of this highway robbery at the feet of Toyota. They need to hold their dealers accountable. It is the Toyota name that is being sullied.

guitarist alec

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma Sport
it seems demand HAS dropped off…. There is an insane amount of in stock 2023 Tacomas locally/ I counted 30 on the lot yesterday… But the website says there are 43 at my local dealer here in Norcal
2024 Tacoma Edited. First 2024 TRD Off-Road showed up in pending dealer inventory IMG_9751
Sponsored