Sponsored

Eesh29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Lariat
Hi there, I don't want to use actual dollars but I can tell you I did not pay a mark up. So from the website you have the msrp for a 4x4 sport trim,add 7500 for the "plus" package, plus dealer installed running boards and dash cam, plus 2000 ish for the extended warranty plus tax minus my trade...... I really hope this truck is not rubbish
I donā€™t understand why you wouldnā€™t want to post what you paid!?? All youā€™d be doing is help other buyers know what others are paying and at the same tile help keep dealers honest!
Sponsored

Tacohunter2024

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4 Prime ā†’ '24 TRD OR or Sport
Sounds good. Mine is supposed to arrive early April...So I need to know by then if I keep my 2022 Sport...lol...or order a Canyon AT4.
Those are my 2 frontrunners too. I frankly like the look of the Canyon AT4 more, and they're giving you the 11" Driver information display this year, HO engine, 2" lift, auto 4x4, etc. Unfortunately the AFM on those engines causing lifter issues, and the tech glitches they had last year...thats pushing the Tacoma in front.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Congrats! Looks like an awesome truck!

M1KL83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Let's see, I do not see a bed receptacle anywhere in the paperwork. Picking it up Wednesday at 9:30 am so ill soon see
Did it arrive with bed receptacle? That would be sweet if the Sport + has one. Might sway me from OR to S+ in 6m.
Congrats she's a beaut!

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Did it arrive with bed receptacle? That would be sweet if the Sport + has one. Might sway me from OR to S+ in 6m.
Congrats she's a beaut!
Thank you very much. No it did not come with the bed receptacle or the storage bins. I've attached a list of what the "plus" includes here in Canada. Cheers
2024 Tacoma First pics of my 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport Plus (Canadian Spec) @ dealer - Picking Up Next Week! Screenshot_20240208_121323_Messages

Truz66

First Name
Truz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Does anyone know if the Sport Premium comes with 360 degr camera option in Canada spec?

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
I put my deposit down for a BCM Sport back in November, but took an earlier allocation (month earlier delivery for mid-April) for a Black Sport with the option to take a BCM Sport/Sport+ if it shows on the new allocation report in two weeks. Might just be a month longer wait...

I test drove the dealer's demo BCM Sport+ for a 15 minute test drive twice this week, but I still don't have a good feeling for handling, ride, comfort and engine performance. The dealership is on the busiest road in the city and I have hit rush hour on both test drives. They are limiting test drives to 15 minute slots at this early stage.

The first test drive I was by myself and was more in awe of actually sitting in one after the year(s) of waiting & reading and I was more focused on getting a feel for the interior as traffic limited my driving experience. The second test drive was with the wife and she wasn't openly impressed. First off, there was no side step and she found it difficult getting in. I still haven't been able to take it on the highway (100+km/h) or try over our famous pot-holed roads.

I'm really questioning whether this will be a suitable retirement vehicle for two 57 year-olds with respect to ride quality, ease of getting in/out and overall comfort. I'm actually hooked on the demo Sport+ for the heated steering wheel, sunroof and power seats. When we dropped the keys back into the dealership, my wife saw a new Red 2024 Highlander XSE and when she got aboard, I could tell immediately she liked that much better. I liked it too, but really have my heart set on a Tacoma.

I still want the Taco so bad, but concerned about comfort as we plan to keep it for 6-8 years and will be in our mid-60's trying to get up into a truck on side-steps. Is that a legit concern?

It's hard to get good feedback from our American neighbors as I think driving the Sport with a 5' bed might be different than the 6' bed. For those in Canada who already have their Sports, what are your thoughts on being an only vehicle (we have an evening/weekend 2008 Miata GT for the 4-5 summer months).

All feedback greatly appreciated!

Jeff

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Hi Jeff, it is easy enough to put side steps on your truck for sure (mine were 887.00 at the dealer, im in Ontario, Canada) I have the sport plus with the 6 foot bed. I think the ride quality is very good in this truck in my mixed city/highway commute to work, it feels way more stable and comfortable than my old 3rd gen. I'm certain you would love the truck and be happy with it. It is not our only vehicle but it is my primary transportation. I think in your sixties you guys would probably be fine getting in and out but maybe your wife has eyes for the rav4. They are very nice as well. End of the day I guess it's whether you need the truck or you can get away with the rav4 with a trailer hitch. Best of luck with your decision. Cheers

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
Hi Jeff. You need to have owned a 3rd gen to appreciate how big an improvement the 4th gen is. I've owned 2 3rd gens and really disliked the highway drive. In my experience. They are under powered , transmission shifting all the time, and they tend to wander on the highway, you gotta be steering them all the time, if the highway is rutted or there is a bit of wind it is even worse.Not a relaxed drive at all. The 4th gen has addressed all these issues. So compered to a 3rd gen it is awesome. Compared to the other midsize trucks it is normal. I've driven a few new Colorado/Canyons and I prefer them to the 4th gen in looks,highway manners and power train. I even ordered a loaded Z71 (same price as a 4th gen Sport Plus)last year but chickened out when it came in due to all the tech issues I was reading about on their forums, and I wanted to give the new Tacoma a try. Now I see the GM twins have a stop sale due to software issues and GM says they have some motors with cracked blocks..but maybe you should test drive one just for comparison sake.
I'd be pissed if I could only test drive a 4th gen for 15 mins. I've driven 2 here in NS for at least a half hr each. Its nice to drive on roads you are familiar with.
I'm 67 and I have Predator side steps on my 3rd gen and will be installing them on my 4th gen when it arrives.
FYI I'm retired but I shuttle cars around for a few dealerships in my town so I get to drive quite a few new and used cars in a year, I love to drive...lol
Sponsored

Last edited: