Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
same color I'm getting, congrats, I might get mine in 10 days, and quick question, did you already have it on dealer hold before it arrived and you have to wait a week until they fully inspect it before you take it home? or did you buy it just now and still have to wait a week.
Hey there, the dealer had these trucks come in. They are #1 for sales in that region according to them. I went in the next day and hammered out a deal. They still have to detail it, tint the front windows and do paint protection film before I pick up next Wednesday. Congrats on your truck! Hope it treats you well!

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Congratulations! Starting to get jealous of all these people, a few in the states have taken ownership of their Tacoma's to, they're just not on this forum.

I've noticed every Tacoma getting bought and every dealer showcasing their new Tacoma's that arrived are ALL automatic. Are manuals lagging behind I wonder? Or are they just the red headed step child of the Toyota world and dealers don't want to acknowledge their existence on their lots lol.

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Congratulations! Starting to get jealous of all these people, a few in the states have taken ownership of their Tacoma's to, they're just not on this forum.

I've noticed every Tacoma getting bought and every dealer showcasing their new Tacoma's that arrived are ALL automatic. Are manuals lagging behind I wonder? Or are they just the red headed step child of the Toyota world and dealers don't want to acknowledge their existence on their lots lol.
Hi! Toyota doesn't expect to sell a ton of manuals. I think I remember them 6 or 8 percent. I'm sure they will come but looks like they are focusing on automatic trans. I know pros and hybrids are later on the year as well.

Newtacointown

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
The dealer adds such as the running boards, tint, etc are they ones you requested in the deal or is the dealer adding them on regardless if you want them or not? Take it or leave it kind of deal

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
The dealer adds such as the running boards, tint, etc are they ones you requested in the deal or is the dealer adding them on regardless if you want them or not? Take it or leave it kind of deal
Hi, in this case they were installing the running boards as I showed up. It's OK, my wife is short, she will use them. If they were not putting them on I probably wouldn't have got them. They were 887 CAD

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Congrats on the truck! It’s so funny and odd to me trucks are making it to Canada before Arizona 😂 not sure how that’s possible

Tacoma Albert

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma TRD Off-road
Congrats, love the Blue crush, I’m also from Canada and I have a 23 off-road. I’ve always wondered why the TRD sports auto trans in Canada are always with 6foot box whereas in the US they are mostly with 5foot box? And now the TRD off-road in Canada also have 6foot box ( unless you step up to the premium). Personally I think the Tacomas with 6ft box look too long and stretched out. I just wonder why the difference between the two countries. Is this what Canadians want or is Toyota Canada dictating these options?

OP
OP
Blue Crush Taco

Blue Crush Taco

First Name
Dare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport
Congrats, love the Blue crush, I’m also from Canada and I have a 23 off-road. I’ve always wondered why the TRD sports auto trans in Canada are always with 6foot box whereas in the US they are mostly with 5foot box? And now the TRD off-road in Canada also have 6foot box ( unless you step up to the premium). Personally I think the Tacomas with 6ft box look too long and stretched out. I just wonder why the difference between the two countries. Is this what Canadians want or is Toyota Canada dictating these options?
Hi there, I have no idea how they come up with what they want to sell here. As for now Canada won't get the extended cab or any 2 wheel drive models for that matter and no manuals for awhile (according to my dealer) . My 2020 off road was 5 foot bed and I always thought it looked weird because of way the body lines did not line up. My new taco is 6 foot bed. Its just by chance because that was the truck the dealer had. In time I'll see what's more useful.

Makearl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
And thank you! I'm looking forward to some real world testing. I will do a review after I pick it up!
Can you post some bed exterior pics when you pick it up? Curious if comes with 400W outlet and USB/UBC ports in the back.

Super excited for you congrats!

Mark

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
As for now Canada won't get the extended cab or any 2 wheel drive models for that matter and no manuals for awhile (according to my dealer) .
Every dealer's been on a different page sense June last year lol. My dealer supposedly has one arriving for me Feburary-March, curious if it's because your dealer hasn't had any inquires on manuals thus never requested allocation for them, not even sure if that's how allocation works idk.

bayman

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Miata GT and 2017 Honda CR-V
Love the color and waiting for the regular Sport model!

I really get miffed with some of the sales people at the dealership... Last week, the lady I'm dealing with showed me in their order system that their first unit (demo BCM Sport) is in transit and just shipped out of Montreal on the way to Newfoundland. I drove by the dealership yesterday and the sales manager was outside so I asked if the "demo" unit had arrived yet and he said that Toyota will be releasing all Tacomas on the same day in a few weeks time. :oops:

Even my wife knows that dealerships across the country have units on site cause I've been spending my nights reviewing all the good info here in the forums and on the Canada FB groups. How can a sales manager say something like that in this day and age of the internet and instant access??? If I'm at the dealership every week looking for updates, he must know that he can't pass that crap around.

Dansflhti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma Sport,16 Mustang GT Conv,14 HD SG.
I seem to remember reading all dealers were going to release them on SuperBowl sunday or the following monday. Maybe some dealers didn't get the memo...lol. Whenever the official release is...it will be a half hour later in NL.
Sponsored