Sponsored

Fit and Finish ?

Miqie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport-Bronze oxide
Yeah I just looked at mine and at least on mine it’s maybe a whee bit bigger on one side but it’s a really tiny difference…like small enough I would have never noticed it otherwise. Not sure if others were worse on earlier builds? Mine just came off the truck yesterday and was built in April.
My tailgate gap is 1 centimeter on one side and 1/2 centimeter on the other. It is non-powered, opens and closes normally.
Sponsored

komek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2 Competition
Could yall check 3 things for me on your trucks? Also, I’m stoked for anyone who has one and loves it. It’s a really awesome truck, no doubt for sure.

1. Check the grab handle next to the shifter/phone charger area. All the ones I looked at had seams/splits in the plastic leading up to the rubber grip area. It looked like it just fully didn’t fit together during assembly.

2. Pull on the grab handle on the roof in the rear seat. Give it your weight too, like you’re using it to get in. Notice if the roof liner moves at all. In all trucks I’ve looked at, including base model Rangers, the grab handle is attached to the roof so pulling it to doesn’t move anything, let alone the roof liner, and felt sturdy. In the Tacos I looked at, the handle moved a lot when pulling and the roof liner came with it. Idk what it was bolted to but it moved quite a bit and felt super cheap. (Again, cheap is fine, but not for that acceptable for this price point lol)

3. Fold the rear seat up, and button it with the strap. How well does the buttoned strap hold it? Put pressure on the seat to simulate you driving around and braking hard. Does the button unsnap easily? Does the strap almost feel .5cm too short since it’s pulled so tight? The pulling on the fabric of the seat from it looked like some lovely future tearing there.

Sure, maybe I’m being picky, but at this price point and with manufacturing and design technology we have today compared to when the 3rd gen was designed/manufactured, I expect a better quality base level. Not saying this because I can’t afford it either. I’m also currently driving a M2C so my bias in quality expectations is high, I’m aware.

26wx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I've always felt like Toyota puts all their energy and effort into building a truck that's going to last basically as long as you want it to last. This comes at the expense of things like in this thread. Asymmetric gaps, trim pieces that aren't flush, inexplicably no driver's side oh s*** handle, the Taco lean, drab interiors, etc. The other manufacturers don't have those cosmetic issues, but have engines that lose lifters and cams, sketchy transmissions, intake valves that clog, etc.

Supertech1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD ORP
My driver door handle seam has now loosened. It was tight and didn’t move, now it gaps like the OP’s.

OP
OP

MarineVet6113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
My driver door handle seam has now loosened. It was tight and didn’t move, now it gaps like the OP’s.
[/QUOTE
It did cross my mind to shoot a bunch of gorilla glue in there and clamp it down overnight but the wife said I was crazy. Actually it bothers me a little less but I’m still going to ask them about it. I’m so anal about it though that anytime I see a YouTube video of the interior I’m looking at the door handles and I have seen a lot like this. In my opinion it wasn’t the best design. Naturally there will be some wear from pulling at the door so maybe had they designed that trim piece to wrap down and put the seam at the bottom it would stand out less. I am slowly getting over it though. lol.
Sponsored