Sponsored

Jeeper Defector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Jeep JT Gladiator
MotoMan sits down with Sheldon Brown, the Chief Engineer of the Tacoma for a deep dive on the 2024 @toyotausa Tacoma. They cover everything from the move to a single motor hybrid, to a new, in house overland model, the @TOYOTAglobal Tacoma Trailhunter to the challenge of bringing back a manual transmission . . .and much more!

Sponsored

kbreese72

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 SCrew 4x4
WTF is up with Motoman and his pricing comments?? First, he's talking about a $75K V8 TRD Pro, then he's saying "Minimum $65k for the Trail Hunter"

Whoa, whoa...slow down Motoman...not every one is rich!

I'm expecting the TRD Pro to be $55k and the TH just a tad more, maybe $60k tops in terms of staring MSRP.

Last edited:

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
WTF is up with Motoman and his pricing comments?? "Minimum $65k for the Trail Hunter"?

I'm expecting the TRD Pro to be $55k and the TH just a tad more.
Yeah, I think anything offered in the midsize market needs to be under the $60k mark (TRD-Pro and Trailhunter included). Itā€™s just getting more ridiculous and these companies are out of touch with their consumers. Iā€™m sure there are others like me trying to be sensible by cross shopping the midsize market to save cash over full-size to begin with. Iā€™m in a ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew now and have no interest in any full-size due to the bloated size and price. Whatā€™s the breaking point?

Last edited:

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
65K for the trail hunter....That is a lot of coin if he is right. Base Gladiator Mojave starts at like $48k right now but can get up there depending on what you add.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Two years ago I built a few trucks on the online configurators. TRD Pro, Z2 Colorado and Ranger (Lariat) w/ Tremor packageā€¦ not one was over $50k. With that said, shouldnā€™t be one over $60k two years later. Itā€™s just nuts!!!

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
the real takeaway on price for Trailhunter is: hey get a new revenue stream [youtube] as a small business so you can expense 100% of this rig. Who in their right mind would even consider 60-80 write-off for actual work & part-adventure.. needs to be 100% work, never pay out of pocket personal use-case anymore + Uncle Sam's cut for anything anymore. SMH

The ARB relationship is definitely a premium to the end user. I wonder what my MPG hit will be with that ARB steel bumper. Looks sick tho, stoked for my first new truck in 22 years otherwise.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
Two years ago I built a few trucks on the online configurators. TRD Pro, Z2 Colorado and Ranger (Lariat) w/ Tremor packageā€¦ not one was over $50k. With that said, shouldnā€™t be one over $60k two years later. Itā€™s just nuts!!!
I configured a nice Canyon ATX4 body on white online [late '22] and that was $64K

Putt1333

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
Offer a turbo V8 Taco to compete with the likes of the 392 Rubicon and Ranger Raptor. Also IMO it wouldnā€™t need all the safety sensors and such that oftentimes fail after an off road mudding session. Unless of course itā€™s possible to mount them say on or near the roof, side rails, etc.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew