Sponsored

2ndGen2TrlHntr

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Tacoma Off-Road; 2018 Audi S5 tuned
Bummer. I had another thread talking specifics about this as well. I'll repost the video there too. I have already planned on a second battery as well, but had wishful thinking I wouldn't need one. Thanks for pointing that out.

outcast

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Bummer. I had another thread talking specifics about this as well. I'll repost the video there too. I have already planned on a second battery as well, but had wishful thinking I wouldn't need one. Thanks for pointing that out.
Run a second battery but at least you don’t have to put extra strain on your alternator to charge it.
Kinda my plan too

Clervis

First Name
Clervis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Metro
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the taco shut off the engine if at idle with a charged battery (like other Toyota hybrids)? In that case you could just leave it running and lock the doors. An auto shut-off would ruin this, and you'd risk someone driving away if they got through the door, but otherwise it'd do for worksite/camping/tailgating.

Sponsored

tacotac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
It’s a big shame. For years Ford has allowed the hybrid f150 to power the outlet when engine is off for camping, despite the small battery as well.

another shame is the engineer mentioning that the TRD pro has an extra 0.5in of travel but the interviewer fails to ask how much total travel does the TRD has. It’s a big unknown so far. So is the payload.

kbreese72

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 SCrew 4x4
Whoa...@ 6:01 of the video...What's up with the paint above the nerf rails? It's all bubbly...I hope that's not rust underneath. Either way it looks terrible.

Or wait...is that a reflection of the ground?? It's so deceiving lol

outcast

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Whoa...@ 6:01 of the video...What's up with the paint above the nerf rails? It's all bubbly...I hope that's not rust underneath. Either way it looks terrible.

It’s something Toyota always does

it’s like a rumble paint to help protect the paint from rocks and what not

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento

Also know as orange peel texture.....helps against rock chips.

kbreese72

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 SCrew 4x4
Also know as orange peel texture.....helps against rock chips.
Fully aware of what orange peel is. 51 year old car-guy who used to be really into detailing, and have had a lot of experience with high-end paint shops and detailing shops. The reason I didn't use that term is because what I saw was well beyond your average orange peel.

That said, I still think I might just be seeing the reflection of the stones on the ground. The whole lower door panel looks terrible....must be the reflection.

For the record, I'm viewing @ 4k on a 36-inch monitor @ full screen.