Sponsored

Hybrid (i-Force Max) MPG Rating in 2024 Land Cruiser Released - Tacoma Guesses?

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
I know it's sprinkled in some other threads but in case anyone missed it, the 2024 Land Cruiser numbers were announced today. It was leaked earlier from an unpublished part of the Toyota site that the Land Cruiser's i-Force Max would get 27mpg combined but the EPA rating came in much lower (23mpg combined).

Based on this what does everyone think the hybrid 2024 Tacoma will be rated? I'm optimistic that it will be just a notch lower.

Toyota's i-FORCE MAX powertrains are expertly engineered, a testament to the company's long-standing history of performance-driven and fuel-efficient vehicles. The 2024 Land Cruiser features an electric motor in the bell housing between the 2.4-liter turbo-charged engine and the eight-speed automatic transmission. This design offers maximum performance and increased efficiency with the legendary reliability that has been synonymous with Land Cruiser since the beginning. Land Cruiser has received an EPA-estimated 23 MPG combined rating which is a higher combined MPG rating than any previous iteration.
Previous leak:

2024 Tacoma Hybrid (i-Force Max) MPG Rating in 2024 Land Cruiser Released - Tacoma Guesses? toyota-land-cruiser-fuel-economy-estimate-from-toyota-s-us-websit
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
You said 4Runner multiple times, but I think you meant Land Cruiser.
Anyway, the Land Cruiser is full time 4WD, so I'm hoping the part-time Tacomas will be the same or better. I suspect the Land Cruiser is SLIGHTLY heavier, but I don't think they've indicated a curb weight.

OP
OP
BigDan

BigDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma PreRunner (future)
LOL sorry not enough coffee.. was reading something on it before. Fixed!

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
My prediction is that there will be a 1 or 2 MPG bump in city but HWY number will stay the same....just like the Tundra.

And not surprised by the LC numbers....it is a brick just like a jeep.

2024 Tacoma Hybrid (i-Force Max) MPG Rating in 2024 Land Cruiser Released - Tacoma Guesses? Screenshot 2024-02-20 130902

Brunson

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Explorer
Yup the slimmer Taco should help versus the LC. Guessing/hoping for 26 combined.

I really wonder what happened with that 27mpg that was leaked. Did Toyota really expect that before EPA certification or was it a typo.

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
I would bet fuel economy is about the same for the Pro and TH, they should be marginally lighter than the LC (and not full time 4wd) but will be taller and less aerodynamic. The TRD sport hybrid will likely yield the highest MPG numbers. I think the MPG is a side benefit of the hybrid and the main reason to get it is the improved driving experience and 2400w inverter. I don't think you'll ever break even financially by going for the hybrid but at least you won't be penalized at the pump for all that extra power.

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
My prediction is that there will be a 1 or 2 MPG bump in city but HWY number will stay the same....just like the Tundra.

And not surprised by the LC numbers....it is a brick just like a jeep.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 130902.png
That's what I'm expecting too. My guess is 20 City and 23 Hwy on a TRD OR. Maybe if we're really lucky that hybrid will bump up the numbers on my OR to match the Sport numbers for the gas truck.
Sponsored