Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tacoma4g.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Toyota's 2.4L Hybrid MAX engine consists of the 2.4-liter inline turbo-four backed by a pair of electric motors to help maximize torque production.

Sponsored

Last edited:

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Thanks for posting.... was heading over for the same reason!

Interesting information, however seems like things that have been echoed already. I'm still hoping for some version that hits 30MPG, and we have heard nothing yet about the cab sizes or anything.

Also interesting they speculate at a possible Chicago Show Debut

Deadtree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Suspecting thus engine like other models will not offer manual transmission. Comments suggest this might be the case. Wish Toyota would announce more.

Fast Target

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LC, 2023 Tundra
Good drivetrains with 8 speed trans, the truck is a bit heavier than the NX350 or Hilanders, so 24-26 mpg is reasonable.

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD Pro 6MT, multiple vehicles (20+)
I find it interesting how TFL finally came across this Hybrid Max information, right after I made it public over a week ago...

To my knowledge, there will be 4 powertrains and Hybrid Max is the top offering. The GR V6 will still be offered, as will 2TR-FE through MY 2025. A25A-FXS will also be offered, so I am wondering where TFL got this info from?

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
I find it interesting how TFL finally came across this Hybrid Max information, right after I made it public over a week ago...

To my knowledge, there will be 4 powertrains and Hybrid Max is the top offering. The GR V6 will still be offered, as will 2TR-FE through MY 2025. A25A-FXS will also be offered, so I am wondering where TFL got this info from?
Where did you make it public? Not here for sure

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser

The Hybrid Max will be a v6? o_O

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Hybrid Max will be a v6? o_O
Nope, it will not be. None of the powertrains will be new, but new in the Tacoma nameplate and with different tunes in terms of the Dynamic Force powertrains, that will be half of the offerings for MY 2024.

Dr. Carmaker1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you make it public? Not here for sure
Not much traction on here, so yeah I didn't say it here, but I do know that they comb through multiple forums of discussions and plagiarize my commentary from other spaces. Not in this case, as some of the info is totally wrong.

I haven't logged in much, in being uber overwhelmed unfortunately before Xmas vacay and barely relaxing now outside of Melbourne, probably a day ahead of y'all (it's after 1PM here). Nice to see so many Land Cruiser 79s here and Hiluxes (zero Tacomas unfortunately).
Sponsored