Multiple issues with my new Tacoma

beungood

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Ive seen several people posting videos similiar to this. Several lifelong Toyota people whove all said quality is not on par with last generation. Friend son works at a dealership and he bought last generation leftover after looking the newer ones coming in and said don't buy one yet.
Sponsored

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
Take a look at y'all panel gaps too. Something I meant to do when buying the truck but never. Noticed the next day there's definitely uneven panel gaps on both sides of the hood. Nothing that's going to get my annoyed enough to return it, but it may piss some of y'all off.

My coworker bought an F150 and got some fender damage, took it into a body shop and the body shop told him there's nothing straight on this truck. Pretty sad the quality of builds get worse and worse every year it seems.

dshargs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Sport
Curious - is your VIN starting in 3TM or 3TY?

Planoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium- Silver
I did look at my son’s 3rd gen off roads rear windows and they are sealed much better than the 4th gen. No doubt about it. Here is a pic of the 3rd gen rear window.

IMG_7671.jpeg

J0ed1rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Poor workmanship coming out of the states , same as the Tundras that were built at the same facility

GRKTRD

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma
Ya the longer ive had this truck the more I believe my 16 was built better. To be honest even the 2023 loaner seemed shittier than my 2016 Tacoma and that was first year truck. Thing was rock solid at 90k

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
When I received my 2022 Bronco, it had been damaged in delivery. The back bumper and tailgate was damaged.

Ford sent out both a new bumper and tailgate. It took 2 months, since the tailgate was on back order. Once it arrived it had to be painted. The paint shop did a great job matching.

I was told that almost 20% of vehicles are damaged in transportation 😢

OP
OP

LastBastion

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Tacoma
I really appreciate all the feedback. It feels a little less lonely doing what I have to do to get Toyota to make it right with support from sympathetic ears. I must say, all the fun of getting a new truck transformed to...well obviously you guys get it.

I asked the dealership whether there shouldn't be a record of what the truck went through. Seems like a touch-up paint job would require a work order #. They said the repairs were probably done at a receiving center away from the Toyota plant, which they don't have control over. Huh? I would think each truck is tracked by Toyota till it reaches a dealership.

(In answer to the question about the VIN, it starts 3TM.)

Visa_Declined

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Off Road
Ya the longer ive had this truck the more I believe my 16 was built better. To be honest even the 2023 loaner seemed shittier than my 2016 Tacoma and that was first year truck. Thing was rock solid at 90k
My 2019 had a drivers side front fender flare with a large gap when it came off the truck, a drivers side door speaker that rattled even at mediocre volume, and a 3rd brake light that leaked water into my cab and ruined my headliner. My 4th gen truck so far has been an absolute angel.

Nixamantacoma

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Who told you that? Someone trying to make an excuse for yours being damaged?
Both the dealership and body shop. I would say there was some truth to it considering there was 3 other damaged Broncos being repaired that had come on different trucks.

There were other Bronco owners that had reported damaged vehicles on delivery.

No one could confirm if they were damaged on the train or final delivery truck.

beninbeta

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
My Celestial Silver also has some of those changing paint colors on the fenders. It's noticable is you are really looking for it, but luckily no dents. If I hadn't just detailed the truck. I'm not sure if I'd have seen it.

I hope all ends up alright for you!

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
And QC holds are ongoing for a reason it appears! Definitely send a complaint to Toyota N.A. corporate. Could you imagine if a YouTuber got this truck the stink they'd cause... Call out your dealer here too. The whole point of having a dealer network is they're on their shit, making sure you're getting a mint ride. Or they mark it way down and credit you for the hassle!

these gaps and damage, bougie paint jobs, shotty craftsmanship...starting to look like Tesla is building these things WTF. We're not buying Porsches, I get it, but the most expensive midsize trucks in the class, they better be 2 notches above excellent

2GenTaco

First Name
Scooner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Tacoma
It isn't Toyota's fault that trucks get damaged in transit and shoddy repairs are done, but I hope they step up and make things right.

On another note, the silver colors on most brands have the appearance of color shading if inspected closely, the angular lines of the 4th gen just enhance the color shading.

I work for a GM dealership and many vehicles arrive at our dealer with damage that gets repaired, but not necessarily documented.

I own a Toyota Tacoma for it's quality and reliability, my 2009 2nd gen Sport TRD is still tight and solid, door and window seals tight and intact. Ultra reliable powertrain, extremely satisfied with the service it has provided me.

I was and still am wanting a 2025 or 2026 Tacoma, but I will be closely monitoring the 4th gen progress. Hoping the Tacoma remains durable and a fun ownership experience.
Sponsored