Odd TPMS Issue when installing tires on new wheels

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I thought I'd pass this experience on so others can be aware. When Goodyear installed my tires on my new wheels, I bought new TPMS sensors so I could keep the OEM tires/wheels whole. They worked fine, then I started getting failures. It would go away, then come back. When I took it back to Goodyear, they showed me on the scanner that it was looking for ID5, in other words the spare. I spent the $60 for a new sensor, and the error was gone. Now my display shows pressure for all 5 tires. I'd imagine this was probably because of the way the new tire set was setup by Goodyear, but kind of cool to know my spare pressure.
Sponsored

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I thought I'd pass this experience on so others can be aware. When Goodyear installed my tires on my new wheels, I bought new TPMS sensors so I could keep the OEM tires/wheels whole. They worked fine, then I started getting failures. It would go away, then come back. When I took it back to Goodyear, they showed me on the scanner that it was looking for ID5, in other words the spare. I spent the $60 for a new sensor, and the error was gone. Now my display shows pressure for all 5 tires. I'd imagine this was probably because of the way the new tire set was setup by Goodyear, but kind of cool to know my spare pressure.
That’s interesting information. Thanks for sharing. Do you know the manufacturer of the aftermarket TPMS ?

OP
OP
bking

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
That’s interesting information. Thanks for sharing. Do you know the manufacturer of the aftermarket TPMS ?
They are Autel TPMS sensors.
Sponsored