Sponsored

DrastikTRD

First Name
Blizzow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma TRD Pro
Yeah, basically they are trying to get 63K for what equates to upper end of the middle tier trim; a TRDOR with premium package and a few accessories. Such a joke. This is basically the exact spec I wanted, so I thought I would reach out, but I guess I'll just wait for the dealership I put a deposit on for MSRP to get allocated.

Just wait brother, They are building alot of Tacomas. They have to hit sales figures and match previous years sales. Thats about 200K units sold per year average. Plus you don't want the very first ones built , probably full of fit and finish issues and bugs everywhere.

There will be plenty to pick from this year.
Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Just wait brother, They are building alot of Tacomas. They have to hit sales figures and match previous years sales. Thats about 200K units sold per year average. Plus you don't want the very first ones built , probably full of fit and finish issues and bugs everywhere.

There will be plenty to pick from this year.
All excellent points. Thank you

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Also check around with other dealers. Be willing to travel. I have found 3 local dealers charging MSRP here in Ohio. 2 are actively trying to find me a truck to my specs.

stokes32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, basically they are trying to get 63K for what equates to upper end of the middle tier trim; a TRDOR with premium package and a few accessories. Such a joke. This is basically the exact spec I wanted, so I thought I would reach out, but I guess I'll just wait for the dealership I put a deposit on for MSRP to get allocated.
You should reach out to the Santa Maria dealership. They have been getting a bunch of Off Roads. Way more than I have seen at any other dealerships in S. California and they don't charge markups. The guy I'm working with over there is named Carlos and he has been really cool to deal with.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
You should reach out to the Santa Maria dealership. They have been getting a bunch of Off Roads. Way more than I have seen at any other dealerships in S. California and they don't charge markups. The guy I'm working with over there is named Carlos and he has been really cool to deal with.
Thanks, Ill take a look.

Lando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K1500 Silverado, Honda Accord, VW Gti
There is no supply chain shortages anymore. Kia (who buys a Kia?) was caught in Canada artificially creating a shortage, including parking sold cars in a storage lot for months to a year or more. The national sleaze (did I spell sales right?) manager was video recorded speaking at a dealers meeting telling them they were withholding deliveries. lol.
Iā€™m sure some other brands are just as guilty.
Use a search engine, the story is easy to find.

IMHO, do not pay additional markups. No vehicle is worth that, unless it hurts your ego. You can make yourself feel better by saying you have the money and can afford to take it up theā€¦

I can afford a mark up, I wonā€™t pay it. Dodge was the worst with the Challenger last year. Guess what, I didnā€™t buy one lol. Now I can get one for less than msrp IF I wanted to.

To the dealer that posted that message, Iā€™d go sit down build the truck, drink their coffee, waste their time to write up the deal, then cross off the $2385 in extras and put a minus sign in front of the mark up and offer a price of $49,848.
Iā€™m different.

Last edited:

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
There is no supply chain shortages anymore. Kia (who buys a Kia?) was caught in Canada artificially creating a shortage, including parking sold cars in a storage lot for months to a year or more. The national sleaze (did I spell sales right?) manager was video recorded speaking at a dealers meeting telling them they were withholding deliveries. lol.
Iā€™m sure some other brands are just as guilty.

IMHO, do not pay additional markups. No vehicle is worth that, unless it hurts your ego. You can make yourself feel better by saying you have the money and can afford to take it up theā€¦

I can afford a mark up, I wonā€™t pay it. Dodge was the worst with the Challenger last year. Guess what, I didnā€™t buy one lol. Now I can get one for less than msrp IF I wanted to.

To the dealer that posted that message, Iā€™d go sit down build the truck, drink their coffee, waste their time to write up the deal, then cross off the $2385 in extras and put a minus sign in front of the mark up and offer a price of $49,848.
Iā€™m different.

I agree, dealers and manufacturers are past their point of greed. Enough Is enough and anyone paying anything over MSRP has more money than brains.

I speculated a whole back to that there's been something funky going on with the chip shortage that happened as well, which wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
Iā€™m different.
That's awesome. I wouldn't have made it past the comment without a crude response like, "Let's focus on my ass as it walks out the door, you leech." Something like that. Probably wouldn't have been as cool as that in the heat of the moment.

My wife and I walked out of a Toyota dealership last spring when we drove an hour and a half to go negotiate a specific Sienna they had on the lot, only for them to pull the old, "someone sold it an hour ago" bs. When they told me that, I turned to my wife and said, "get the kids, I'm not dealing with these bullsh*t artists who are wasting our time."

That dealership had the nerve to call me two days in a row to try to fix it. And by try, I mean figure out a way to scam us out of more money.

INTERSTATE TOYOTA OF AIRMONT NY, for those interested in avoiding at all costs.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Yeah, these dealers probably forget what they are trying to sell here. These are basic, mass production vehicles for the working individual.

All the dumb people making poor financial decisions already ruined their credits on underwater hellcats. No one is buying a 63k Tacoma off road I can promise that much.

TacoTraveler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
On the waitlist at Longo for a Pro, but after seeing this just reached out to Santa Maria about getting on their waitlist for a Pro also. Asked them about markups and told the guy I wasn't paying anything over MSRP. He said they're looking to do a $5k markup for the Pros.... But no markups for the ones that are in the pipeline to be at their dealership soon (ORs, Sports, etc.).

Kielly

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport+ 6M
On the waitlist at Longo for a Pro, but after seeing this just reached out to Santa Maria about getting on their waitlist for a Pro also. Asked them about markups and told the guy I wasn't paying anything over MSRP. He said they're looking to do a $5k markup for the Pros.... But no markups for the ones that are in the pipeline to be at their dealership soon (ORs, Sports, etc.).
Mark up the one trim that's going to be so out of reach financially for a majority of people, make it even harder to get. Man these dealerships need to lay off the crayons.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I suspect the same for a Trailhunter? Neither are worth a penny over MSRP in my book. Adding the ADM paid to normal depreciation a year later, makes it an easy pass for me. Not that it matters to meā€¦ Iā€™m still driving the same truck I bought new 22 years ago (ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew).

Might be a few idiot buyers out there thinking they can flip for a small profit (crazy risky)? To the greedy dealersā€¦ F- you very much!

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
I suspect the same for a Trailhunter? Neither are worth a penny over MSRP in my book. Adding the ADM paid to normal depreciation a year later, makes it an easy pass for me. Not that it matters to meā€¦ Iā€™m still driving the same truck I bought new 22 years ago (ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew).

Might be a few idiot buyers out there thinking they can flip for a small profit (crazy risky)? To the greedy dealersā€¦ F- you very much!
I can't even imagine what these dealers are going to ask for on the Iforce Max versions, and the Pro and Trailhunter... you guys ready to see a 100k Tacoma? I bet you some dealership is going to price one at 100k.

Garemz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura MDX
I think the best way to get a deal is when dealers have them all lined up outside and they cant sell them.

Wait 1 year then buy your truck your wallet will thank me!
Sponsored