Sponsored

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Please also state if you have the front air dam mounted or not so we can see if it makes a difference. Looks like the Off Roads are arriving with no air dam so there’s no choice there. That said, I’m still on my first dealer filled tank and only have 150 miles and the average speed is 18 so it looks like the truck was probably left idling which is something I have seen them do at factories and ports. My MPG is a little over 18 and I’m expecting I will be easily averaging 21 or more on my commutes. Trying to run the tank to these low fuel warning and start my real world from there next week.

CATOY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off Road Premium and 2007 Sequioa LTD
Here’s food for thought for those that have to get a little extra range on trips. I had a company car and gas card back in the 90’s and would run experiments between regular and super on my car that only called for regular. I always got better gas mileage running super so I suggest you pay a little extra at the pump and run super when you want to extend the range a little for a trip. Time is money and you can hold off on a stop on some trips. I love in Northern California and always need to fill before I hit the grapevine on my trips to Southern California to make sure I don’t get stuck since the stations are stretched in that area and the ones right before and after gouge you.

Gear_yyc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Avalanche
Here’s food for thought for those that have to get a little extra range on trips. I had a company car and gas card back in the 90’s and would run experiments between regular and super on my car that only called for regular. I always got better gas mileage running super so I suggest you pay a little extra at the pump and run super when you want to extend the range a little for a trip. Time is money and you can hold off on a stop on some trips. I love in Northern California and always need to fill before I hit the grapevine on my trips to Southern California to make sure I don’t get stuck since the stations are stretched in that area and the ones right before and after gouge you.
I suspect that the difference you saw was do to either:
1) A subconscious change in driving behaviour
2) At that time, it may be that regular gas had ethanol blended and super did not.
If the ethanol content is the same, the energy content of the regular and super are the same.

Nuke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander Platinum
Please also state if you have the front air dam mounted or not so we can see if it makes a difference. Looks like the Off Roads are arriving with no air dam so there’s no choice there.
There was a test done on a YouTube post where they attempted to accurately measure with/without the air dam. Probably not conclusive, but as I recall it was about .7/miles/gallon difference. Regardless, I would take the ugly air dam off!

TexasBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Not a taco but essentially the same setup. My highlander gets better overall combined milage in regular than it does in ECO. Also as FUBWRI alluded to it really changes how the accelerator pedals responds to your touch, Much more responsive and smooth in regular than in ECO. I really only use ECO when warming up the vehicle or in traffic jams. Get about 23mpg combined. If it helps any.

SleepyBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma, TRD Off Road 4x4
Page 187 (sorry for double post was on mobile) :cry:

2024 Tacoma Real-Life MPG Thread - Share Your 2024+ Tacoma 4th Gen's Gas Mileage! ⛽ IMG_1058

Last edited:

Rick_Shear

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited
I've noticed with every Toyota I've owned they seem to have a sweet spot around 60MPH where fuel efficiency is best. Driving my normal 30 mile grocery run on 55MPH roads driving around 60, I was able to get the mileage up to 22.7 (Dash reading). On the highway with mixed 25 miles at 70-73 and 5 miles city, I've been averaging around 20.4 (Dash Reading). This is Air Dam on.
Sponsored