Sponsored

Rear under seat HVAC vents?

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Screen grab from a TRD Off-Road video. Looks like rear under seat HVAC vents? Anybody else seen this or has a better pic?

2024 Tacoma Rear under seat HVAC vents? Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 4.50.46ā€ÆPM
Sponsored

marvelmadman

First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
former 00 taco sr5. tbd 24 OR or trail hunter
Screen grab from a TRD Off-Road video. Looks like rear under seat HVAC vents? Anybody else seen this or has a better pic?

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 4.50.46ā€ÆPM.png
I hope those are vents. Every video so far has only mentioned that there are no vents for the back but they always seem to be looking at the center console or in the roof. It'd be nice to have some kind of circulation back there.

TacomaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tacoma Limited
Here is what my 2023 Tacoma manual indicates and I definitely have them. I suspect this will be basically the same for 2024.
2024 Tacoma Rear under seat HVAC vents? 1698417071761

907Yota

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota Xtracab 4WD

Screenshot 2023-10-26 at 4.50.46ā€ÆPM.png
Iā€™m just about positive that is cooling vents for the hybrid battery on the side. If there is something under the seat, I didnā€™t notice that on the truck I saw.

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Iā€™m just about positive that is cooling vents for the hybrid battery on the side. If there is something under the seat, I didnā€™t notice that on the truck I saw.
Iā€™m positive itā€™s hvac not cooling for the hybrid battery. The cooling fan for the battery is part of the battery pack, the same as every other Toyota hybrid.

Last edited:

Gary in NJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Santa Cruz (looking to replace)
What I dislike about the photo is not the rear vents under the drivers seat, but the structure that the rear seat rests upon. That significantly limits the utility of the rear area. I had a tray in my Santa Cruz that I was able to remove, but that support looks permanent.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
your surprised? All vehicles have them. ALL OF THEM!
I understand how the OP could be surprised. Ford has rear vents in the ROW Ranger, but has removed them for North America.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
What I dislike about the photo is not the rear vents under the drivers seat, but the structure that the rear seat rests upon. That significantly limits the utility of the rear area. I had a tray in my Santa Cruz that I was able to remove, but that support looks permanent.
Yea that lower seat structure on the hybrids is ~60% battery pack & itā€™s housing. Looks vented on both sides and Iā€™m guessing that vacant spot behind driver will be used for the factory jack/etc. Silver lining is the back seats fold down, hopefully level w/the ground. Seeing people cram themselves in the back looks like they sit high because of the battery structure. I just need to get a dog and gear back there, looks like thereā€™s some tie-down options; hopefully they make some good racking/organizing options for a completely folded back bench. The JBL sub is yuuge back there. I wouldā€™ve gone for a complete slide down window instead but all goodā€¦

eventually will consider removing the back seats altogether
2024 Tacoma Rear under seat HVAC vents? IMG_3695
2024 Tacoma Rear under seat HVAC vents? IMG_3693
2024 Tacoma Rear under seat HVAC vents? IMG_3690

Last edited:

Scooter

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for a new truck
Yeah it's a vent for the hybrid battery. The hybrid Tundra has the exact same vent
Sponsored