Shared Connectivity Frustration!

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I tried to “share” remote connectivity through the Toyota app today and to say the least it was more than frustrating. We spent 30 minutes in our attempt and the best we could do is either she has access and I’m removed or Vice versa.

Sharing to me means 2 forks and 1 piece of pie.

So the question is can 2 have remote access at the same time?
Sponsored

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
Found the same, super frustrating - come to realize only one person can use the app.

Reactions: JED
OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Found the same, super frustrating - come to realize only one person can use the app.
So one piece of pie and a shared fork. That’s 30 minutes I’ll never recover. It would be so easy to preface the shared app with that explanation. Thank you. We’ve saved countless wasted hours.

Sner

First Name
Sner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RX350, 1999 Miata, 2011 Accord, 2024 Tacoma
So one piece of pie and a shared fork. That’s 30 minutes I’ll never recover. It would be so easy to preface the shared app with that explanation. Thank you. We’ve saved countless wasted hours.
Super frustrating I have pretty much same story. I even called the dealer to confirm my fimdigs. Yup only one person on the app. Truthfully I really find a lot of the tech in modern cars flakey. Toyota is not immune, the TPMS not saving in the cluster, the digital key is awful to the point I take keys because I don’t trust that it’s going to start the truck, several times I’ve waited inside the truck for a minute before it decided to start.

OP
OP
JED

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
Super frustrating I have pretty much same story. I even called the dealer to confirm my fimdigs. Yup only one person on the app. Truthfully I really find a lot of the tech in modern cars flakey. Toyota is not immune, the TPMS not saving in the cluster, the digital key is awful to the point I take keys because I don’t trust that it’s going to start the truck, several times I’ve waited inside the truck for a minute before it decided to start.
Superfluous. Fun to experiment with but redundant with little to no added value.

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
I tried to “share” remote connectivity through the Toyota app today and to say the least it was more than frustrating. We spent 30 minutes in our attempt and the best we could do is either she has access and I’m removed or Vice versa.

Sharing to me means 2 forks and 1 piece of pie.

So the question is can 2 have remote access at the same time?
Not sure if this is correct, but could it be that the "share" option is only for the digital key?

SonoranSurvivalist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' RAV4 Hybrid Limited, '24 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
I absolutely do not trust the digital key, but I have been using just the credit card key for the last week and it's had no issues.

JSWCRNA

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
My digital key wont even down load. I can start and unlock per app. That all I really GAS about. I carry my keys just in case. Credit card works too. I leave it centrally placed in house for emergencies
Sponsored