Sponsored

Drew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Niro, 2002 Chevy Silverado
You could do the reverse and order the parts to delete it as well.. Wouldn’t be cheap either way!
Might find someone willing to trade, save you both some money (though the non-TH person would probably need to pony up a little cash).
Sponsored

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I’m curious why you guys would even want the Trailhunter without the snorkel, roof rack, bed rack. It would be cheaper just to buy the OR model and add a suspension. Aside from interior color, you’re not getting much different.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
I’m curious why you guys would even want the Trailhunter without the snorkel, roof rack, bed rack. It would be cheaper just to buy the OR model and add a suspension. Aside from interior color, you’re not getting much different.
I absolutely love the idea of a factory direct overland truck with a full warranty. No added time and/or labor to swap parts and the hassle of having to get rid of OEM parts after taken off.

But I hate paying for things I don’t want or need. For me (and many) the snorkel is expensive overkill. I personally don’t like the looks of the snorkel and sport rack and will likely end up with a different bed rack down the road anyhow. If I get a bed rack there is also no need for a roof rack. I would love if these items were factory add-ons! If this is the case, the Trailhunter is my pick. If not, I’ll settle for the TRD Off-road (give Toyota less $) and begrudgingly build it to suit my needs. Just my 2 cents since you asked.

Independence Overland

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj Cruiser
I absolutely love the idea of a factory direct overland truck with a full warranty. No added time and/or labor to swap parts and the hassle of having to get rid of OEM parts after taken off.

But I hate paying for things I don’t want or need. For me (and many) the snorkel is expensive overkill. I personally don’t like the looks of the snorkel and sport rack and will likely end up with a different bed rack down the road anyhow. If I get a bed rack there is also no need for a roof rack. I would love if these items were factory add-ons! If this is the case, the Trailhunter is my pick. If not, I’ll settle for the TRD Off-road (give Toyota less $) and begrudgingly build it to suit my needs. Just my 2 cents since you asked.
I’m pretty confident the snorkel won’t be optional, but the rest will be. Several TH models have been spotted without all the racks so I’m quite confident they are leaving racks and front bumpers to companies like CBI, ARB, or of course their own options for those who want it.
I’m with you that the factory ready Overlander is pretty cool. I personally would want a snorkel if I were to buy one, but I understand it’s not everyone’s favorite look. Sure is good for the air filter though!

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
I'd keep the snorkel since I want to overland and keeping dust out is good. However, I also want to add a wedge camper and that needs the roof rack and bed rack removed. Starting from the OR remains an option though and the suspension may be enough for what I'll want to do.

Sponsored

Kevin Chaos

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2nd generation TRD Off-Road Tacoma
I like that but I wonder if you'll be able to order it without the snorkel.
Me too, I’m not fan. It’s quite the eyesore. I doubt it will be available without it on this model, but I’ve been wrong before.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The snorkel and suspension setup are what keep me to the TH. But knowing myself, I'd want to do more, so for most, the OR would be the better choice. I'm "patiently" waiting to see how both are factory build and then decide. Although I think I'll end up going for TH for all the extra factory goodies

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
That had crossed my mind but the Trailhunter has all the options I'd want my OR to have. I want the hybrid, I want the nicer interior, I want the lift and 33's. My off road needs are driving to work when I get a foot of snow to deal with. I live in the upper midwest so fording a river when I'm off roading isn't a thing I deal with so the snorkel is nothing but an aerodynamic liability going down the highway for me. I like the roof rack but don't really need it and the mullet on the back of the cab would likely get replaced with a full bed rack anyway so why would I want to pay for that? Add into that I'd rather just wrap all that up into one payment. Now I'm assuming you'll be able to get a factory installed lift with the OR like the Tundra but I haven't really seen a lot of chatter about that.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
That had crossed my mind but the Trailhunter has all the options I'd want my OR to have. I want the hybrid, I want the nicer interior, I want the lift and 33's. My off road needs are driving to work when I get a foot of snow to deal with. I live in the upper midwest so fording a river when I'm off roading isn't a thing I deal with so the snorkel is nothing but an aerodynamic liability going down the highway for me. I like the roof rack but don't really need it and the mullet on the back of the cab would likely get replaced with a full bed rack anyway so why would I want to pay for that? Add into that I'd rather just wrap all that up into one payment. Now I'm assuming you'll be able to get a factory installed lift with the OR like the Tundra but I haven't really seen a lot of chatter about that.
Considering the off road has the 33's as an option would it be reasonable to assume the same lift is installed as the Pro and TH. Seems logical.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering the off road has the 33's as an option would it be reasonable to assume the same lift is installed as the Pro and TH. Seems logical.
Probably gets the lift, but with bilstein shocks and regular uca. Pro gets fox with billit uca and th gets ome shocks with billit uca.

Sponsored

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
My understanding is that the Pro and TH get different suspension setups/lifts. The only thing common between them is the amount of lift. I would think that they way the Fox setup vs the OME setup would perform different. Do we know if you spec a factory installed lift which one you're getting? Maybe that info is out there but I haven't seen it.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is that the Pro and TH get different suspension setups/lifts. The only thing common between them is the amount of lift. I would think that they way the Fox setup vs the OME setup would perform different. Do we know if you spec a factory installed lift which one you're getting? Maybe that info is out there but I haven't seen it.
To further emphasize:
Pro is more high speed off road, dessert runner like the gladiator Mojave. Thus more directly in competition with it and the more premium offroaders from chevy (zr2) and Ford (raptor).
TH is more of a crawler/adventure based vehicle. More in competition with rubicons and maybe trail boss/z71.
TRDOR will be the more basic off road ready/capable trim. Suspension not as heavy duty, but still capable. Will compete with everyone else's general off roaders like gladiator willys, trail boss/z71, and ranger with offroad package.
When more specific info is released, hopefully within the next month, this should be more greatly reflected. Some of the reveal videos goes over this as well.

mramseyisu

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tacoma
To further emphasize:
Pro is more high speed off road, dessert runner like the gladiator Mojave. Thus more directly in competition with it and the more premium offroaders from chevy (zr2) and Ford (raptor).
TH is more of a crawler/adventure based vehicle. More in competition with rubicons and maybe trail boss/z71.
TRDOR will be the more basic off road ready/capable trim. Suspension not as heavy duty, but still capable. Will compete with everyone else's general off roaders like gladiator willys, trail boss/z71, and ranger with offroad package.
When more specific info is released, hopefully within the next month, this should be more greatly reflected. Some of the reveal videos goes over this as well.
Just to pile onto that if you spec out a '23 trd OR with the premium interior and factory lift you're already at the base price for the trd pro so why wouldn't you just get the pro?

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to pile onto that if you spec out a '23 trd OR with the premium interior and factory lift you're already at the base price for the trd pro so why wouldn't you just get the pro?
Lol, some people are just funny that way. Some are impatient. Some like u and I like to do research.

GL Rockwell

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma OR
That's what I'll need to confirm, you may be correct.
Sponsored