Sponsored

Speaker upgrade

OP
OP

Capemike

TRD Sport
Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 30, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Location
ME
Vehicle(s)
2026 Tacoma TRD Sport
Definitely do not use duct tape on the doors man. Get some actual butyl sound deadening. Hopefully the tweeters come with adapter plates, because they will not just drop in to the dash speaker locations. Also, where do you plan to mount the crossovers? I guess wire it into the dash speaker and run new wires from the crossover into the door? You’ll need to run new wires anyway you do it unfortunately unless you want to cut and splice factory wires.
Everything is supposed to be close to plug and play. I know the tweeters come with the adapter plates, and have an option of mounting like the old ones, or surface mount. And all of the wire harness adapters and connectors come with the kit. I have bought from Crutchfield before, like 25 years ago, and they thinking of everything. Whatever is needed to install, comes with the kit. Spacers, wires, wire connectors, spacers, everything. They also include detailed drawings and photos, and even videos for some installs. I'm confident things will go fine, they always have in the past. I will post photos of the install along with my opinion of the new sound.
Sponsored

 

Gizmo

TRD Off-Road
New member
First Name
Robby
Joined
Jul 17, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Surprised you went with 6.5" speakers - 6x9 and 8" speakers are a direct drop-in to the stock door panel. More bass with the added benefit of more sensitivity (louder with less amplifier power). Where are you going to put the tweeters? You could get JBL a-pillars that have the tweeter grille.

How will you integrate the dash speakers into this setup? Still keep them wired in parallel?
I have a '24 TRD OR-P w JBL Sound system. I was a little disappointed with the sound level so I did my research and learned that I could safely add the beat sonic amp, which I did. It definitely sounds so much better but I read somewhere that if I replace the speakers on the doors the sounds will be much better. That's what brings me to this thread, I am looking for drop-in, plug-in speakers. Should I be looking for 6x9 or 8" 8 ohms speakers?
Sponsored

 
 






Top