Sponsored

SRS Malfunction/Cruise Control Malfunction

spyderdrifter

Active member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
35
Reaction score
26
Location
somewhere in CO
Vehicle(s)
2025 Limited
Yesterday I went to pick my kid up from school. When I returned to my truck, I started it like normal, put it in Sport+ like normal (I actually get better mpg that way, weird), and then my cruise control icon turned from white to orange, the malfunction notice popped up on the dash, and then my entire SRS system went through the same process. Seat belt chime wouldn't shut off either. No idea why this started happening. Haven't damaged anything and it's been a week since the dealer even touched it for an oil change. Literally nothing unusual happened to cause this. Called the dealer to make an appointment, after I come back from vacation. I've since assumed that the SRS Malfunction is due to the driver seat belt latch, as every time it has chimed, I've latched and unmatched the seat belt and the chime will abruptly shut off, then glitch and chime again. Almost like there's a short in the latch mechanism. Not sure if this relates to the cruise control, but kinda hope it's all somehow related. Anyone got ideas? It's a 25 Limited (non-hybrid) with no mods except lighting.
Sponsored

 

DutchFather

Limited
Member
First Name
Monty
Joined
Aug 18, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
4
Location
Iowa
Vehicle(s)
2025 Iforce limited
Yesterday I went to pick my kid up from school. When I returned to my truck, I started it like normal, put it in Sport+ like normal (I actually get better mpg that way, weird), and then my cruise control icon turned from white to orange, the malfunction notice popped up on the dash, and then my entire SRS system went through the same process. Seat belt chime wouldn't shut off either. No idea why this started happening. Haven't damaged anything and it's been a week since the dealer even touched it for an oil change. Literally nothing unusual happened to cause this. Called the dealer to make an appointment, after I come back from vacation. I've since assumed that the SRS Malfunction is due to the driver seat belt latch, as every time it has chimed, I've latched and unmatched the seat belt and the chime will abruptly shut off, then glitch and chime again. Almost like there's a short in the latch mechanism. Not sure if this relates to the cruise control, but kinda hope it's all somehow related. Anyone got ideas? It's a 25 Limited (non-hybrid) with no mods except lighting.
I have a 25 limited hybrid and while driving in rain the entire system went haywire. No lighting or other events just moderate rain. The system wouldn’t sense lane lines, other vehicles curves and nothing I tried reset it for over 15 minutes. The dealer indicated it was unusual but would have to have a specialist test it who wasn’t working that day.
We haven’t experienced it again but will have to watch out for a recurrence in the future.
 
OP
OP
spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter

Active member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
35
Reaction score
26
Location
somewhere in CO
Vehicle(s)
2025 Limited
I called the dealer while the seat belt chime was screaming, and the service writer seemed oblivious to why I had called, even after I explained it and told her the chime was currently on and she could hear it. Hopefully the appointment actually goes better.
 

Last_Soldier

TRD Sport
New member
Joined
Dec 18, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
uS
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma
This happened to me in my 2024 Sport. The seatbelt latch assembly needs to be replaced. Dealer did it for mine under warranty.
 

Sponsored

OP
OP
spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter

Active member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
35
Reaction score
26
Location
somewhere in CO
Vehicle(s)
2025 Limited
What type of lighting and how is it wired?
This is irrelevant since my lighting; ditch lights, roof light, grille lights, and chase lights, have all been properly wired, switched, fused, relaye, and installed, and have been perfectly functioning for over a year without causing any issues to the truck.


This happened to me in my 2024 Sport. The seatbelt latch assembly needs to be replaced. Dealer did it for mine under warranty.

This has been my assumption to the problem I got. I did read something about this some time ago, so it's been my hope. I'm out of the country until Oct 1st, and got an appointment on the 3rd, so hopefully they'll tell me the same. Thanks for the info.
 

maxx075

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 24, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
1,299
Reaction score
1,589
Location
FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
This is irrelevant since my lighting; ditch lights, roof light, grille lights, and chase lights, have all been properly wired, switched, fused, relaye, and installed, and have been perfectly functioning for over a year without causing any issues to the truck.





This has been my assumption to the problem I got. I did read something about this some time ago, so it's been my hope. I'm out of the country until Oct 1st, and got an appointment on the 3rd, so hopefully they'll tell me the same. Thanks for the info.
Well fuck me then. Hope you get it figured out 👍
 
OP
OP
spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter

Active member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
35
Reaction score
26
Location
somewhere in CO
Vehicle(s)
2025 Limited
Well fuck me then. Hope you get it figured out 👍
Let me set things straight, maybe. My intent is not to be a douche about things. I appreciate you replying, however those mods interfere in no way with the issue I have, so I didn't see the relevance in you asking. Since I had already previously read something about the seat belt latch being an issue for a couple people, that's what I've been set on figuring out. So I apologize for my reaction.
 

maxx075

TRD Off-Road
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 24, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
1,299
Reaction score
1,589
Location
FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Let me set things straight, maybe. My intent is not to be a douche about things. I appreciate you replying, however those mods interfere in no way with the issue I have, so I didn't see the relevance in you asking. Since I had already previously read something about the seat belt latch being an issue for a couple people, that's what I've been set on figuring out. So I apologize for my reaction.
No worries, I have a background in SW and SW test, so it's usually easiest to start at the simple end of things. Plus there's posts around here where fang light wiring ultimately led to a melted cat, so you never know.
 
OP
OP
spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter

Active member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Oct 8, 2024
Threads
1
Messages
35
Reaction score
26
Location
somewhere in CO
Vehicle(s)
2025 Limited
...there's posts around here where fang light wiring ultimately led to a melted cat, so you never know.
Interesting... I tend to be very OCD with my work, so I wire everything to look as OEM as possible, and be a simple as possible. I've rebuilt the wiring setup 3 times now, and I think the current one is the best and most satisfying [to me]. Everything is stand-alone for all the aux lighting, except having one positive connection to the battery. My raptor lights and fang lights are wired in with the adapters I bought to be plug&play, and all actual connections are water proofed with adhesive heat shrink and dousche connectors. I also have everything running with as little wiring as possible, only using what is need for each circuit. Each circuit has its own dedicated fuse and relay. I think the only improvement i could make is an in-line fuse for the power cable from the battery.
Sponsored

 
 






Top