Sponsored

jmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma RC
Great video, and analysis! I think it'll be a big miss if the XtraCab is 2WD only, they should've offered at least one model with 4WD and coils.

One thing I haven't seen talked about is why wasn't KDSS brought to the Tacoma? It already exists on the TNGA-F platform with the 300 series LC. Why develop a whole new sway bar disconnect system just for the Tacoma?

P.S. You misspelled chassis in your video and in the thumbnail.

Cavemold

First Name
Cavemold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
1.Air dam being taken off with 7 screws is non issue to me.
2. Bigger tires doesnt mean better. Smaller will do tacos better. Too many times you see current tacos with tires that dont fit right.
3. no hood scoop function isnt good. fake inlits as well . Obivously its cost provision for them.
4. No front locker is disappointment but i understand destroying warranty makes sense but let customer decide that..
5. all Electronic e brake is scary is thought for off roading community
6. the backseat leg room is disappointment still.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Amen with regards to the sport bar/rack! I wouldnā€™t want to pay for it either. Same can be said about the A-pillar air intake. Would love to see that as an option, not standard equipment on the Trailhunter.

Also agreed that despite the longer WB that the rear legroom is so tight!!! Could be a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

BearWithMe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 3G, TRD OR, 6MT
The integrated roof spoiler is truly regrettable. That's going to make things difficult or at least interesting for bed toppers or camper inserts.

JLD94

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2014 Nissan Rogue
Amen with regards to the sport bar/rack! I wouldnā€™t want to pay for it either. Same can be said about the A-pillar air intake. Would love to see that as an option, not standard equipment on the Trailhunter.

Also agreed that despite the longer WB that the rear legroom is so tight!!! Could be a deal breaker for me.
Yeah I am still stressing over the legroom.... I will need something by the end of the year or early next year and I want a midsize truck but need people to be comfortable in the back. I usually have people back there once a week for a couple of hours.
I think I could make a Maverick work as it seems to have more room back there than others however getting one is another story. If one of the trucks don't work out I may end up with another CUV/SUV of some kind.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 SuperCrew
Yeah I am still stressing over the legroom.... I will need something by the end of the year or early next year and I want a midsize truck but need people to be comfortable in the back. I usually have people back there once a week for a couple of hours.
I think I could make a Maverick work as it seems to have more room back there than others however getting one is another story. If one of the trucks don't work out I may end up with another CUV/SUV of some kind.
Yeah, itā€™s crazy to me that the Maverick seems to have more rear legroom than most of the midsize segment! Iā€™m in a ā€˜02 F-150 SuperCrew now (purchased new) and with full-size so big, Iā€™m shopping for nothing but midsize crewcab longbeds. For the moment the Tacoma is my only option since the new Frontier barely meets new truck expectations. The Ranger appear to be the roomiest BOF midsize cabin but with no longbed, itā€™s a pass for me. I canā€™t wait to see and sit in this Tacoma in person to see if the legroom is a deal breaker or not.

Stitch107

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tundra crewmax trd
What a piss off that the pro will not be getting a 6 spd manual,, and why cant the back window fully come down rather then this tiny useless slide and again leg room in the back To me they made a great start but Im hoping for a better truck when it come out then it came in show

TacoTony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna
What a piss off that the pro will not be getting a 6 spd manual,, and why cant the back window fully come down rather then this tiny useless slide and again leg room in the back To me they made a great start but Im hoping for a better truck when it come out then it came in show
Couldn't agree with you more about the back window. Not sure what's involved in allowing for that but it'd be nice to have it as a factory option at least. I'd take it over those isodynamic seats any day as that little doggie door is about useless.

Stitch107

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 tundra crewmax trd
Im hoping if enough people complain they will bring that as an option but what is confusing at this time is too find out if the pro and the trail H is coming out as where we can order one or if they are only being allocated to dealerships as i heard they are being allocated and there is only 251 destined for Canada only

kbreese72

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 SCrew 4x4
Great video! You are e very down to earth, well spoken fella!

Totally agree on the power tail gate. Just as ridiculous as power folding seats on SUV's. Makes no sense, just adds weight, and another thing to go wrong AND slower than just doing it manually.

I can see it being a special order option for people who are elderly or handicap. Beyond that it's utterly moronic IMHO.
Sponsored