Tonneau cover options for 2024 Tacoma TRD Sport - 5 ft bed

Cody56

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1794 Tundra
Diamondback has exact fit for 2024 now. I have the HD on my Tundra and doubt I would buy anything else.
Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
Diamondback has exact fit for 2024 now. I have the HD on my Tundra and doubt I would buy anything else.
The HD looks pretty beefy. I had the extang on my F150.

Are the panels quite heavy?

TacoTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Bak also has this new version of the Revolver X4ts with t-slots along bed side. I'm not sure about static and dynamic load capacity with rack on t-slots. I'm looking for rack tower options that would work with my existing Yakima aero bars. Needs clearance to roll up. Just sharing because it may help some people.

Car wash test of Revolver x4s:

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I called BAK about the MX4 and BAKbox availability for the 2024 tacoma.

i was told the MX4 is available through dealers but not for online purchase. I’m guessing because they don’t have enough inventory.

This part I’m not sure is valid. He said they stopped producing the BAKbox because it interferes with the new MX4 rails. He said it doesn’t fit on any of their other covers. So basically it’s not a saleable product anymore.

That didn’t make any sense to me and I’m guessing he didn’t know what he’s talking about.

Either way I’m not holding my breath. I wanted to buy that system because it checked the boxes on what I was looking for. Hard fold secure tonneau with a storage box that was tucked under the tonneau and elevated enough to allow things to slide underneath it so you don’t lose the bed length.

There are a few covers that can do what I want but does anyone know of a good option for the storage box that would intergrate well will a trifold tonneau?

jtgearhead

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Toyota Tundra

TRD _Rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Camry TRD, 2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
I emailed them and they said they are on preorder. Promising. I’m supposed to pick my truck up in late May so could be perfect timing.

Didn’t mention if the BAKbox was on the same schedule.

Jaxx642

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off Road
I've been following this post and I also see that a few manufacturers have covers for the 2024 now (Seneticusa is one example). I've looked at the installation videos for the RetraxPro and it seems to me that the Gen3 model should fit the Gen4 beds. Has anyone had luck with fitting Gen3 bedcovers on the Gen4s and what should I be concerned about fitting a Gen3 cover on my Gen4 bed? I might just order and return if it doesnt fit but that's obviously a PIA.